KingFut rounds up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup of...
- AFCON Roundup: Tunisia reach quarter finals, Algeria eliminated
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
VIDEO: Relegation-threatened Entag El-Harby, Gouna draw in 14th round of Egyptian league
The third day of the 14th Egyptian Premier League round witnessed two draws. Entag El-Harby managed to clinch a draw in the final 10 minutes to make it 2-2 against Misr El-Maqassa, while El-Gouna were left disappointed in another stalemate against El-Dakhleya.
Maqassa’s Hussein El-Sayed opened the scoreline with a superb strike with his left foot from the edge of the box in the 30th minute – nothing the goalkeeper could have done about it.
It took Entag only two minutes to equalize from the penalty spot however through Ahmed Said ‘Mido’. Sameh Adrous regained the lead for Maqassa, slotting in the ball after it rebounded off Entag’s goalkeeper Essam Mahmoud.
Nine minutes before full time Entag destroyed Maqassa’s pursuit of the 3 points as Mohamed Tolba slotted in Kwabena Yaro’s cross from a tight angle.
Joint top Egyptian goalscorer in the league – just one behind Ismaily’s John Antoy and Arab Contractors’ Mohamed Farouk – Bassem Morsi, failed to score in what was an open match for both sides
In Hurghada, El-Gouna drew 0-0 with El-Dakhleya. Both teams were after a win to improve their respective positions in the table, as Gouna are still in the relegation zone while El-Dakhleya are just two points above them.