Al Ahly manager Hossam El-Badry has announced his 22-man squad to face...
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
Luzern manager Bernegger: Kahraba proved he was not professional
Amidst the ongoing fiasco regarding Mahmoud Kahraba’s contract termination with the Swiss side, Luzern manager Bernegger aimed some hard words at the player in today’s press conference.
“We tried a lot to make Kahraba comfortable in Luzern but all of that effort went to waste.
“We even hosted his family to make all the conditions available for him to benefit the club.
“Kahraba is 19-years-old but thinks that he is bigger a 113-year-old club.
“I hoped that Kahraba would become a mature adult. Maturity is much more important than the player.
Earlier reports from Switzerland indicated that Kahraba left the club in an unprofessional manner, going as far as not shaking hands with the Swiss’ club’s manager of football, Alexander Frei.
“Kahraba’s reaction in the end proved that he was not professional and that he could not continue with us. I do not want to speak about the matter again,” Bernegger said aggressively.
It is worth noting that Kahraba has denied all claims about him misbehaving, saying that he had no problems with the club while his agent said that him and his client requested the player’s contract termination and not the club.
Kahraba follows in the footsteps of Egyptian players being called unprofessional by former managers, most lately Martin Jol on Hossam Ghaly and Steve Bruce on Amr Zaki.