Egypt international Ahmed Hamoudi scored to help Al-Batin secure a 1-1 home...
- VIDEO: Hamoudi scores as Al Batin, Al-Qadisiyah share spoils
- Ayala’s late strike downs Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli
- VIDEO: Ghana’s Samuel Afum nets first league goal in Degla draw against El-Gaish
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
Official: FC Luzern terminate Kahraba’s contract
FC Luzern have decided to the terminate Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim ‘Kahraba’s contract due to inappropriate behaviour, the club announced on their official website.
Luzern’s move to terminate Mahmoud Kahraba’s loan spell comes as a shock, as the young attacking midfielder had just started to cement his place in the starting line up – starting 5 out of the last 7 games in the Swiss League.
On loan from ENPPI, Kahraba was having a great season in Switzerland, accumulating 7 goals in 16 appearances – just one behind the club’s top scorer Dimitar Rangelov.
FC Luzern manager Carlos Bernegger commented on why Kahraba had his contract terminated Friday morning: “There are several reasons for the decision [to terminate his contract] with Kahraba,” he told the club’s official website.
“A player cannot be more important than the club’s 113-year-old history,” he continued.
Bernegger added: “There’s never a right time, but I had to make this decision.”
Where Kahraba will be plying his trade next season remains unknown, with the Egyptian confirming interest from Hertha BSC while Steve Bruce was previously keen on bringing him to Hull City.