KingFut’s Marwan Ahmed got in touch with Angola national team manager Beto...
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
- VIDEO: Egypt’s locals national team defeat Benin
- Ghanaian officials banned for sexual harassment
- Mortada: Alain Giresse has agreed to manage Zamalek
- Volleyball: Al Ahly crowned African champions
- Egypt’s general prosecutor reopens the Air Defence Stadium case
- Gennesh reflects on his first Egypt call-up
- Al Ahly: Emad Meteb is an important player for us
- Hector Cuper: Bassem Morsy can rejoin national team
- Meteb admits he might leave Al Ahly over lack of playing time
Official: FC Luzern terminate Kahraba’s contract
FC Luzern have decided to the terminate Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim ‘Kahraba’s contract due to inappropriate behaviour, the club announced on their official website.
Luzern’s move to terminate Mahmoud Kahraba’s loan spell comes as a shock, as the young attacking midfielder had just started to cement his place in the starting line up – starting 5 out of the last 7 games in the Swiss League.
On loan from ENPPI, Kahraba was having a great season in Switzerland, accumulating 7 goals in 16 appearances – just one behind the club’s top scorer Dimitar Rangelov.
FC Luzern manager Carlos Bernegger commented on why Kahraba had his contract terminated Friday morning: “There are several reasons for the decision [to terminate his contract] with Kahraba,” he told the club’s official website.
“A player cannot be more important than the club’s 113-year-old history,” he continued.
Bernegger added: “There’s never a right time, but I had to make this decision.”
Where Kahraba will be plying his trade next season remains unknown, with the Egyptian confirming interest from Hertha BSC while Steve Bruce was previously keen on bringing him to Hull City.