Egypt’s Aly Ghazal has finalised terms with Chinese Super League club Guizhou...
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
Official: FC Luzern terminate Kahraba’s contract
FC Luzern have decided to the terminate Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim ‘Kahraba’s contract due to inappropriate behaviour, the club announced on their official website.
Luzern’s move to terminate Mahmoud Kahraba’s loan spell comes as a shock, as the young attacking midfielder had just started to cement his place in the starting line up – starting 5 out of the last 7 games in the Swiss League.
On loan from ENPPI, Kahraba was having a great season in Switzerland, accumulating 7 goals in 16 appearances – just one behind the club’s top scorer Dimitar Rangelov.
FC Luzern manager Carlos Bernegger commented on why Kahraba had his contract terminated Friday morning: “There are several reasons for the decision [to terminate his contract] with Kahraba,” he told the club’s official website.
“A player cannot be more important than the club’s 113-year-old history,” he continued.
Bernegger added: “There’s never a right time, but I had to make this decision.”
Where Kahraba will be plying his trade next season remains unknown, with the Egyptian confirming interest from Hertha BSC while Steve Bruce was previously keen on bringing him to Hull City.