Al-Ahli Tripoli qualified to the 2017 CAF Champions League round of 32 after...
- Talaat Youssef leads Al-Ahli Tripoli to CAF Champions League round of 32
- Egypt opponents Mali announce U-20 AFCON squad
- Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica down Braga
- VIDEO: Warda assists twice in PAOK 4-0 win over Veria
- Mohamed Salah scores in Roma’s 4-1 win against Torino
- VIDEO: Keeper Busca’s heroics help Al Masry advance in Confederation Cup
- VIDEO: Al Ahly return to winning ways after beating Arab Contractors
- Zamalek to face Nigeria’s Enugu Rangers in CAF Champions League
- Former Al Ahly manager Garrido sacked by Al-Ettifaq
- VIDEO: Smouha edge Maqassa in seven-goal thriller
Official: FC Luzern terminate Kahraba’s contract
FC Luzern have decided to the terminate Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim ‘Kahraba’s contract due to inappropriate behaviour, the club announced on their official website.
Luzern’s move to terminate Mahmoud Kahraba’s loan spell comes as a shock, as the young attacking midfielder had just started to cement his place in the starting line up – starting 5 out of the last 7 games in the Swiss League.
On loan from ENPPI, Kahraba was having a great season in Switzerland, accumulating 7 goals in 16 appearances – just one behind the club’s top scorer Dimitar Rangelov.
FC Luzern manager Carlos Bernegger commented on why Kahraba had his contract terminated Friday morning: “There are several reasons for the decision [to terminate his contract] with Kahraba,” he told the club’s official website.
“A player cannot be more important than the club’s 113-year-old history,” he continued.
Bernegger added: “There’s never a right time, but I had to make this decision.”
Where Kahraba will be plying his trade next season remains unknown, with the Egyptian confirming interest from Hertha BSC while Steve Bruce was previously keen on bringing him to Hull City.