Former Zamalek coach, Momen Soliman, showed his dissatisfaction towards describing the 2016 CAF Champions...
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
Official: FC Luzern terminate Kahraba’s contract
Luzern’s move to terminate Mahmoud Kahraba’s loan spell comes as a shock, as the young attacking midfielder had just started to cement his place in the starting line up – starting 5 out of the last 7 games in the Swiss League.
On loan from ENPPI, Kahraba was having a great season in Switzerland, accumulating 7 goals in 16 appearances – just one behind the club’s top scorer Dimitar Rangelov.
FC Luzern manager Carlos Bernegger commented on why Kahraba had his contract terminated Friday morning: “There are several reasons for the decision [to terminate his contract] with Kahraba,” he told the club’s official website.
“A player cannot be more important than the club’s 113-year-old history,” he continued.
Bernegger added: “There’s never a right time, but I had to make this decision.”
Where Kahraba will be plying his trade next season remains unknown, with the Egyptian confirming interest from Hertha BSC while Steve Bruce was previously keen on bringing him to Hull City.