Egyptian referee Gehad Gerisha was nominated for the CAF 2016 Referee of...
- Hughes talks Ramadan Sobhi, defeat against Arsenal
- Gerisha nominated for CAF Best Referee of the Year Award
- Sobhi nominated for GloCAF Most Promising Talent
- Zamalek nominated for CAF Club of the Year award
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores as Al Ittihad come back to defeat Al Faisaly
- De Sciglio: Roma will be dangerous despite missing Mohamed Salah
- Elmohamady features in thrilling 3-3 draw against Crystal Palace
- Sobhi features, with Elneny an unused substitute in Arsenal’s 3-1 win
- Barnsley narrowly defeat Norwich
- Karim Hafez features in Lens’ 3-1 defeat to Strasbourg
Kahraba: I had no problems with FC Luzern
Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim ‘Kahraba’ has denied allegation of improper conduct displayed by him in the aftermath of events of the termination of his contract with Swiss team FC Luzern.
FC Luzern released a statement today that they have effectively terminated the contract of the Egyptian, with manager Carlos Bernegger saying that no player is bigger than the club, indicating that the player misbehaved.
Speaking to FilGoal.com, the player commented on the situation saying: “There were no problems on my side with FC Luzern.”
He continued: “Their treatment with me deteriorated after I decided against renewing my contract with them. For example I started sitting on the bench.”
The attacker further stated: “They were trying to pressure me to extend my contract.”
“I will return to ENPPI and I will chose from the many offers I have from Swiss teams,” Kahraba concluded.
Ali Yehia [Kahraba’s agent] also denied that the club terminated the player’s contract for misbehavior.
“We were the ones who asked for the termination of the contract.
“There are other reasons we don’t wish to disclose now that led to this [termination of the contract],” Yehia concluded.