Al Ahly manager Hossam El-Badry has announced his 22-man squad to face...
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
El-Nenny holding talks with English Premier League clubs
Mohamed El-Nenny’s agent has revealed that the young Pharaoh could be plying his trade for a London-based Premiership side come next season.
The 21-year-old had originally joined Basel on loan from Arab Contractors in the 2012-2013 with the Swiss champions having the option to make his stay permanent.
After an impressive string of performances which helped Basel secure the league title last season and qualifying for the semi-finals of the Europa League for the first time in the club’s history, El-Nenny signed a four-year contract with the Swiss Champions.
El-Nenny’s agent, Jonathan Hope, has revealed to Winner Sports that his client is holding talks with a London-based Premiership club, thus could be set on an English Premier League move in the upcoming summer transfer window.
Hope added that there is more than one EPL club that is interested in the young defensive midfielder’s services.
Hope told Winner Sports: “This is an exciting window coming ahead for football fans. Mohamed is a great coup for English Soccer. I’ve opened direct talks with a London Premiership club and although we are open to approaches by any Premiership club, I feel a deal is close.
“Mo is an exciting player who will play top level Football for the remainder of his career. I have received two further calls today alone from clubs who want to know his situation.”
If El-Nenny is to move to the English Premier League next season, he will be the third Pharaoh playing for a club in the EPL and the second playing for a London-based one following Mohamed Salah’s transfer to Chelsea in the January transfer window.