Misr El-Maqassa defeated Al Masry 4-2 in gameweek 21 of the Egyptian...
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
VIDEO: Egypt’s El-Nenny assists as Basel down Luzern
Egypt international Mohamed El-Nenny assisted as FC Basel grabbed a vital win over Luzern for the second time this week, keeping them atop of the league table with a three point lead of Grasshopper Club Zürich.
After hosting FC Luzern on the 27th of March in the Swiss Cup and advancing through a David Calla goal in the game’s closing minutes, it was Luzern’s turn to host play, albeit this time in the Raffeisen Super League.
This was Luzern’s first game following the termination of Kahraba’s contract last week, who was their second top scorer with seven goals in 16 appearances.
The first goal of the night came in the 51st minute as Ivorian Giovanni Sio headed the ball into the back of the net from just beyond 11 yards.
With 90 minutes gone, El-Nenny played the ball into Sio who once again put the ball behind the FC Luzern keeper to ensure the victory for Basel.
In light of his impressive performances the Swiss champions, El-Nenny has been linked to an English Premier League move ahead of the summer transfer window.