Egypt international Sam Morsy scored as Wigan claimed a 2-1 victory over...
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
VIDEO: Egypt’s El-Nenny assists as Basel down Luzern
Egypt international Mohamed El-Nenny assisted as FC Basel grabbed a vital win over Luzern for the second time this week, keeping them atop of the league table with a three point lead of Grasshopper Club Zürich.
After hosting FC Luzern on the 27th of March in the Swiss Cup and advancing through a David Calla goal in the game’s closing minutes, it was Luzern’s turn to host play, albeit this time in the Raffeisen Super League.
This was Luzern’s first game following the termination of Kahraba’s contract last week, who was their second top scorer with seven goals in 16 appearances.
The first goal of the night came in the 51st minute as Ivorian Giovanni Sio headed the ball into the back of the net from just beyond 11 yards.
With 90 minutes gone, El-Nenny played the ball into Sio who once again put the ball behind the FC Luzern keeper to ensure the victory for Basel.
In light of his impressive performances the Swiss champions, El-Nenny has been linked to an English Premier League move ahead of the summer transfer window.