Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
VIDEO: Egypt’s El-Nenny assists as Basel down Luzern
Egypt international Mohamed El-Nenny assisted as FC Basel grabbed a vital win over Luzern for the second time this week, keeping them atop of the league table with a three point lead of Grasshopper Club Zürich.
After hosting FC Luzern on the 27th of March in the Swiss Cup and advancing through a David Calla goal in the game’s closing minutes, it was Luzern’s turn to host play, albeit this time in the Raffeisen Super League.
This was Luzern’s first game following the termination of Kahraba’s contract last week, who was their second top scorer with seven goals in 16 appearances.
The first goal of the night came in the 51st minute as Ivorian Giovanni Sio headed the ball into the back of the net from just beyond 11 yards.
With 90 minutes gone, El-Nenny played the ball into Sio who once again put the ball behind the FC Luzern keeper to ensure the victory for Basel.
In light of his impressive performances the Swiss champions, El-Nenny has been linked to an English Premier League move ahead of the summer transfer window.