The draws for Egyptian sides Al Ahly and Zamalek in CAF Champions...
- Al Ahly, Zamalek opponents in CAFCL group stages revealed
- Smouha in Group C as CAFCC draw announced
- Dodo El-Gabbas scores and assists in Lierse win over Union SG
- Ramadan Sobhi reveals effect of AFCON on Stoke career
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
Lampard on Salah: You can see the maturity he’s shown in training
The Premier League’s fifth all-time top scorer shed some light on Mohamed Salah’s situation with the Blues, citing that it was always going to take time for the young Pharoah to settle in.
“It’s been a bit of a settling in period for Salah, particularly having joined midway through the season, that’s not easy,” Lampard said to the club’s official website.
The Chelsea legend went on to praise Salah, saying that the players noticed his maturity in training.
“It’s a different style of football and a different physical side of the game, but you can see the maturity he’s shown and we’ve all seen that in training,” Lampard revealed.
Salah was bought by Chelsea after the transfer of Juan Mata to Manchester United and so knew he had some tough competition for places at the club.
Regarding the size of the squad, Lampard said: “Yes it does [matter], you need players to come in and perform as well, if not better, than the players they’re coming in for, and I think we’ve done that throughout the season, which is great to see.”