Arsenal and Hull City‘s English Football (EFL) Cup Quarter-Final opponents have been...
- Elmohamady’s Hull to host Newcastle in EFL Cup quarterfinal
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
Lampard on Salah: You can see the maturity he’s shown in training
The Premier League’s fifth all-time top scorer shed some light on Mohamed Salah’s situation with the Blues, citing that it was always going to take time for the young Pharoah to settle in.
“It’s been a bit of a settling in period for Salah, particularly having joined midway through the season, that’s not easy,” Lampard said to the club’s official website.
The Chelsea legend went on to praise Salah, saying that the players noticed his maturity in training.
“It’s a different style of football and a different physical side of the game, but you can see the maturity he’s shown and we’ve all seen that in training,” Lampard revealed.
Salah was bought by Chelsea after the transfer of Juan Mata to Manchester United and so knew he had some tough competition for places at the club.
Regarding the size of the squad, Lampard said: “Yes it does [matter], you need players to come in and perform as well, if not better, than the players they’re coming in for, and I think we’ve done that throughout the season, which is great to see.”