ENPPI and Egypt midfielder Salah Soliman has been ruled out of Monday’s local national...
- Salah Soliman ruled out of Benin friendly
- Coulibaly pleased with friendly performance, seeks playing time
- Volleyball: Al Ahly through to African Club Championship final
- Mortada Mansour confirms offers for Kahraba, Hamed and Gabr
- Al Ahly legend Manuel José announces retirement from football
- Egypt test goal-line officials during Zamalek friendly
- Hector Cuper: Reaching World Cup is our main target
- CAF secretary general Hicham El Amrani resigns
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
Lampard on Salah: You can see the maturity he’s shown in training
The Premier League’s fifth all-time top scorer shed some light on Mohamed Salah’s situation with the Blues, citing that it was always going to take time for the young Pharoah to settle in.
“It’s been a bit of a settling in period for Salah, particularly having joined midway through the season, that’s not easy,” Lampard said to the club’s official website.
The Chelsea legend went on to praise Salah, saying that the players noticed his maturity in training.
“It’s a different style of football and a different physical side of the game, but you can see the maturity he’s shown and we’ve all seen that in training,” Lampard revealed.
Salah was bought by Chelsea after the transfer of Juan Mata to Manchester United and so knew he had some tough competition for places at the club.
Regarding the size of the squad, Lampard said: “Yes it does [matter], you need players to come in and perform as well, if not better, than the players they’re coming in for, and I think we’ve done that throughout the season, which is great to see.”