Al Ahly manager Hossam El-Badry has announced his 22-man squad to face...
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
Lampard on Salah: You can see the maturity he’s shown in training
The Premier League’s fifth all-time top scorer shed some light on Mohamed Salah’s situation with the Blues, citing that it was always going to take time for the young Pharoah to settle in.
“It’s been a bit of a settling in period for Salah, particularly having joined midway through the season, that’s not easy,” Lampard said to the club’s official website.
The Chelsea legend went on to praise Salah, saying that the players noticed his maturity in training.
“It’s a different style of football and a different physical side of the game, but you can see the maturity he’s shown and we’ve all seen that in training,” Lampard revealed.
Salah was bought by Chelsea after the transfer of Juan Mata to Manchester United and so knew he had some tough competition for places at the club.
Regarding the size of the squad, Lampard said: “Yes it does [matter], you need players to come in and perform as well, if not better, than the players they’re coming in for, and I think we’ve done that throughout the season, which is great to see.”