In an intensive interview with France Football Magazine, Mohamed Salah reflected on...
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
- Salah speaks about youth, idols
- Mohamed Salah: “Our group is tough, but we are Egypt”
- Official: Egypt’s Ahmed Sayed ‘Zizo’ joins Nacional on loan from Lierse
- AFCON Roundup: Ivory Coast draw as Morocco beat Togo
- Egypt did not play badly against Mali, says coach Hector Cuper
- Egypt lose to Sweden, face Croatia in World Handball Championship last 16
- Avram Grant demands injured players’ replacement in AFCON
- Zamalek reject Torino’s offer for Mostafa Fathi
- Malang Diédhiou appointed as referee for Egypt-Uganda game
Lampard on Salah: You can see the maturity he’s shown in training
The Premier League’s fifth all-time top scorer shed some light on Mohamed Salah’s situation with the Blues, citing that it was always going to take time for the young Pharoah to settle in.
“It’s been a bit of a settling in period for Salah, particularly having joined midway through the season, that’s not easy,” Lampard said to the club’s official website.
The Chelsea legend went on to praise Salah, saying that the players noticed his maturity in training.
“It’s a different style of football and a different physical side of the game, but you can see the maturity he’s shown and we’ve all seen that in training,” Lampard revealed.
Salah was bought by Chelsea after the transfer of Juan Mata to Manchester United and so knew he had some tough competition for places at the club.
Regarding the size of the squad, Lampard said: “Yes it does [matter], you need players to come in and perform as well, if not better, than the players they’re coming in for, and I think we’ve done that throughout the season, which is great to see.”