Egypt international Mohamed Elneny has praised Mali, describing them as a tough...
- Mali coach: We were under pressure against Egypt
- Elneny: We have a good chance to qualify
- El-Hadary made history as Mali held Egypt to goalless draw
- Ayew scores from the spot as Ghana down Uganda
- Ehab Allam: Hull City have never been a ‘selling club’ under our ownership
- RELIVE: Egypt vs Mali – 2017 Africa Cup of Nations
- VIDEO: Military National Team draw with Poland in the World Military Cup
- Hull City league position putting off prospective buyers, says Ehab Allam
- Petrojet appoints Hassan Shehata as new head coach
- OFFICIAL: Lierse confirm Amr Barakat move to Al Ahly
VIDEO: Basel ‘laughed’ at Liverpool’s offer – Salah
After Chelsea managed to snap the Egyptian winger from under the noses of Liverpool, Brendan Rodgers spoke briefly on why his side missed out on Mohamed Salah. The Northern Irishman claimed that Chelsea financially out-muscled Liverpool due to their financial ability to meet FC Basel’s demands.
Mohamed Salah had his first chance to comment on why his proposed move to Liverpool didn’t succeed, telling beIN Sports: “Liverpool is a great team, an important one too, and I cannot say anything bad about them, but their manager [Rodgers] came out and said that Chelsea managed to bid more for my services, due to Liverpool’s financial difficulties.”
Salah added: “Negotiations started with Liverpool in October and didn’t hear from them till January. I can’t say how much they [Liverpool] offered in October, but maybe the Basel management can. However, Basel’s board laughed when they received Liverpool’s offer.”
Mohamed Salah managed to open his account for Chelsea in their 6-0 demolition of Arsenal last week.