Al Ahly manager Hossam El-Badry has announced his 22-man squad to face...
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
VIDEO: Basel ‘laughed’ at Liverpool’s offer – Salah
After Chelsea managed to snap the Egyptian winger from under the noses of Liverpool, Brendan Rodgers spoke briefly on why his side missed out on Mohamed Salah. The Northern Irishman claimed that Chelsea financially out-muscled Liverpool due to their financial ability to meet FC Basel’s demands.
Mohamed Salah had his first chance to comment on why his proposed move to Liverpool didn’t succeed, telling beIN Sports: “Liverpool is a great team, an important one too, and I cannot say anything bad about them, but their manager [Rodgers] came out and said that Chelsea managed to bid more for my services, due to Liverpool’s financial difficulties.”
Salah added: “Negotiations started with Liverpool in October and didn’t hear from them till January. I can’t say how much they [Liverpool] offered in October, but maybe the Basel management can. However, Basel’s board laughed when they received Liverpool’s offer.”
Mohamed Salah managed to open his account for Chelsea in their 6-0 demolition of Arsenal last week.