Wadi Degla manager Ahmed Hossam ”Mido” has revealed that Al Ahly forward Emad...
- Mido: Emad Meteb would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
- Zamalek youngster Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh signs five-year contract extension
- Al Ahly’s Ahmed Adel: Ekramy is the best goalkeeper in Egypt
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
- Hector Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
VIDEO: Basel ‘laughed’ at Liverpool’s offer – Salah
After Chelsea managed to snap the Egyptian winger from under the noses of Liverpool, Brendan Rodgers spoke briefly on why his side missed out on Mohamed Salah. The Northern Irishman claimed that Chelsea financially out-muscled Liverpool due to their financial ability to meet FC Basel’s demands.
Mohamed Salah had his first chance to comment on why his proposed move to Liverpool didn’t succeed, telling beIN Sports: “Liverpool is a great team, an important one too, and I cannot say anything bad about them, but their manager [Rodgers] came out and said that Chelsea managed to bid more for my services, due to Liverpool’s financial difficulties.”
Salah added: “Negotiations started with Liverpool in October and didn’t hear from them till January. I can’t say how much they [Liverpool] offered in October, but maybe the Basel management can. However, Basel’s board laughed when they received Liverpool’s offer.”
Mohamed Salah managed to open his account for Chelsea in their 6-0 demolition of Arsenal last week.