Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary has issued an apology to everyone at...
- El-Hadary: I apologise to everyone at Wadi Degla
- El-Hadary: I may leave Wadi Degla now or at the end of this season
- Former teammate talks about ‘scissors’ incident between Mido and Zlatan
- Roma advance in Europa League despite losing to Villarreal
- VIDEO: Amr Gamal ends goal drought in Al Ahly win over Degla
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
VIDEO: Basel ‘laughed’ at Liverpool’s offer – Salah
After Chelsea managed to snap the Egyptian winger from under the noses of Liverpool, Brendan Rodgers spoke briefly on why his side missed out on Mohamed Salah. The Northern Irishman claimed that Chelsea financially out-muscled Liverpool due to their financial ability to meet FC Basel’s demands.
Mohamed Salah had his first chance to comment on why his proposed move to Liverpool didn’t succeed, telling beIN Sports: “Liverpool is a great team, an important one too, and I cannot say anything bad about them, but their manager [Rodgers] came out and said that Chelsea managed to bid more for my services, due to Liverpool’s financial difficulties.”
Salah added: “Negotiations started with Liverpool in October and didn’t hear from them till January. I can’t say how much they [Liverpool] offered in October, but maybe the Basel management can. However, Basel’s board laughed when they received Liverpool’s offer.”
Mohamed Salah managed to open his account for Chelsea in their 6-0 demolition of Arsenal last week.