The round one fixtures for the Men’s World Squash Championship 2016 have been released. ...
- Men’s World Squash Championship draw released
- Hull Tigers Academy prospect Ahmed Salam bags hat-trick in U18 game
- Gaber’s FC Basel battle back to draw against Lugano
- Zamalek manager says back-up keeper Gennesh to start against Sundowns
- Hamoudi: The players did what they had to do, no one held back
- Mido gives outrageous vow if Zamalek win CAF Champions League
- Zamalek’s Ibrahim Salah believes nothing is impossible ahead of final showdown
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley finally end winless streak
- Mohamed Elneny features in Arsenal’s goalless draw with Middlesbrough
- RC Lens dominated at home but earn draw against Reims
VIDEO: Basel ‘laughed’ at Liverpool’s offer – Salah
After Chelsea managed to snap the Egyptian winger from under the noses of Liverpool, Brendan Rodgers spoke briefly on why his side missed out on Mohamed Salah. The Northern Irishman claimed that Chelsea financially out-muscled Liverpool due to their financial ability to meet FC Basel’s demands.
Mohamed Salah had his first chance to comment on why his proposed move to Liverpool didn’t succeed, telling beIN Sports: “Liverpool is a great team, an important one too, and I cannot say anything bad about them, but their manager [Rodgers] came out and said that Chelsea managed to bid more for my services, due to Liverpool’s financial difficulties.”
Salah added: “Negotiations started with Liverpool in October and didn’t hear from them till January. I can’t say how much they [Liverpool] offered in October, but maybe the Basel management can. However, Basel’s board laughed when they received Liverpool’s offer.”
Mohamed Salah managed to open his account for Chelsea in their 6-0 demolition of Arsenal last week.