Egypt internationals Ali Zein and Mohamed Mamdouh’s French club Pays d’Aix Université have qualified...
- Mamdouh and Zein feature in Pays d’Aix cup win
- SQUASH: 10 Egyptians advance to second round of Windy City Open
- We are not afraid of Zamalek, says Enugu Rangers chief
- Pioli answers: Will Salah be key man for Roma against Inter?
- HANDBALL: Ahly beats Zamalek in league encounter
- VIDEO: Hossam Paulo scores as Zamalek down Nasr Lel Ta’adeen
- Mido: Gent was special for me, English football suited me
- AS Roma to face Olympique Lyonnais in Europa League
- Smouha set date for Ulinzi Stars clash
- El-Hadary: I apologise to everyone at Wadi Degla
Sam Morsy assists as Chesterfield defeated at Wembley
Sam Morsy assists League Two side Chesterfield in a 3-1 loss to League One side Peterborough in the final of the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy held at Wembley Stadium.
The 22-year-old Egypt-eligible midfielder started the game and played the entire match for Chesterfield.
Sam Morsy’s side were 2-0 down at half-time thanks to goals from McQuoid and Brisley in the 7th and 38th minute.
However, eight minutes after the restart, Sam Morsy assisted Eoin Doyle to pull one back for the Spireites, producing a well timed cross into the box after a strong run.
Morsy was involved in a focal point in the match when he fouled Joe Newell, only for the Peterborough player to kick at Morsy and receive a straight red card.
In the 78th minute Assombalonga sealed the win for Peterborough after slotting home a penalty.