In episode two of the revamped KingFut podcast, host Ahmed Assem...
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Tanta clash
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
- Sports ministry approves establishment of Egyptian Rugby Union
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Trezeguet features as Genk thrash Mouscron
- Egypt’s Amr Warda scores first goal with PAOK
- Hossam El-Badry denies Ali Maaloul departure rumors
- Gennesh excluded as Incaio announces Zamalek squad for Al Masry clash
- Handball: Al Ahly win Africa Cup Winners’ Cup Championship
- Gaber starts in thrilling 2-2 draw against Vaduz
Sam Morsy assists as Chesterfield defeated at Wembley
Sam Morsy assists League Two side Chesterfield in a 3-1 loss to League One side Peterborough in the final of the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy held at Wembley Stadium.
The 22-year-old Egypt-eligible midfielder started the game and played the entire match for Chesterfield.
Sam Morsy’s side were 2-0 down at half-time thanks to goals from McQuoid and Brisley in the 7th and 38th minute.
However, eight minutes after the restart, Sam Morsy assisted Eoin Doyle to pull one back for the Spireites, producing a well timed cross into the box after a strong run.
Morsy was involved in a focal point in the match when he fouled Joe Newell, only for the Peterborough player to kick at Morsy and receive a straight red card.
In the 78th minute Assombalonga sealed the win for Peterborough after slotting home a penalty.