AS Roma winger Stephan El Shaarawy has stated that he has a...
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
Sam Morsy assists as Chesterfield defeated at Wembley
Sam Morsy assists League Two side Chesterfield in a 3-1 loss to League One side Peterborough in the final of the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy held at Wembley Stadium.
The 22-year-old Egypt-eligible midfielder started the game and played the entire match for Chesterfield.
Sam Morsy’s side were 2-0 down at half-time thanks to goals from McQuoid and Brisley in the 7th and 38th minute.
However, eight minutes after the restart, Sam Morsy assisted Eoin Doyle to pull one back for the Spireites, producing a well timed cross into the box after a strong run.
Morsy was involved in a focal point in the match when he fouled Joe Newell, only for the Peterborough player to kick at Morsy and receive a straight red card.
In the 78th minute Assombalonga sealed the win for Peterborough after slotting home a penalty.