Mohamed Mamdouh Hashem, Pays d’Aix and Egypt’s National Handball team Pivot, spoke...
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
- Elmohamady speaks about adapting to English culture, life at Hull
- Karim Nedved aiming to use U-20 AFCON as stepping stone to Europe
- Ex-Zamalek’s Ahmed Nasser undergoing trial at Nurnberg
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Hafez plays full 90 in Lens 2-0 win
- U-20 AFCON: Egypt coach Gamal acknowledges pressure to deliver
- Mali U20 coach: We aim to win our match against Egypt
- Ibrahim Hassan scores from the spot as Ismaily draws with El-Gaish
- Elneny: I didn’t believe the Arsenal negotiations
- Mamdouh and Zein feature in Pays d’Aix cup win
VIDEO: Zamalek 5-0 Nkana – Whites qualify to Champions League group stages
The Whites head into the match having drawn the away leg 0-0 in Zambia, beating Nkana in the return leg while maintaining their defensive record in the CAF Champions League this season, having yet to concede a goal.
Mido’s men are fresh off a defeat against Al Masry in the league but managed to get back on track against Nkana.
The first half began with Zamalek on the front foot, creating many chances, but no goals. Ahmed Tawfik broke the deadlock for the hosts in the 20th minute, scoring with a powerful left footed shot after Momen Zakaria’s penetrating pass.
Minutes after Tawfik’s goal, Hazem Emam seemed to have crossed the ball before it hit the bar showing that the Whites were getting closer to getting their second. Zakaria then doubled Zamalek’s lead in the 35th, curling home a beautiful free-kick past Nkana’s keeper.
The Whites wasted no time in the second half, with Omar Gaber scoring from a low drive in the 47th minute after linking up well with Mohamed Ibrahim.
Hazem Emam then scored Zamalek’s fourth in the 59th minute with a first time shot from Omar Gaber’s chipped pass.
In the 68th minute, Ahmed Gaafar sealed the win by scoring after a beautiful series of passes by Mido’s men, to make it 5-0.
Zamalek become the only Egyptian team qualify to the group stages of the CAF Champions League and remain in the competition- after Al Ahly were dumped out by Ahly Benghazi on Saturday, in an impressive fashion with a whole new brand of football under newly appointed coach Mido.