Ghana and FC Schalke left-back Baba Rahman was ruled out of the African...
- Baba Rahman to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Egypt keeper Ahmed El-Shennawy sheds light on AFCON injury
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
VIDEO: Zamalek 5-0 Nkana – Whites qualify to Champions League group stages
The Whites head into the match having drawn the away leg 0-0 in Zambia, beating Nkana in the return leg while maintaining their defensive record in the CAF Champions League this season, having yet to concede a goal.
Mido’s men are fresh off a defeat against Al Masry in the league but managed to get back on track against Nkana.
The first half began with Zamalek on the front foot, creating many chances, but no goals. Ahmed Tawfik broke the deadlock for the hosts in the 20th minute, scoring with a powerful left footed shot after Momen Zakaria’s penetrating pass.
Minutes after Tawfik’s goal, Hazem Emam seemed to have crossed the ball before it hit the bar showing that the Whites were getting closer to getting their second. Zakaria then doubled Zamalek’s lead in the 35th, curling home a beautiful free-kick past Nkana’s keeper.
The Whites wasted no time in the second half, with Omar Gaber scoring from a low drive in the 47th minute after linking up well with Mohamed Ibrahim.
Hazem Emam then scored Zamalek’s fourth in the 59th minute with a first time shot from Omar Gaber’s chipped pass.
In the 68th minute, Ahmed Gaafar sealed the win by scoring after a beautiful series of passes by Mido’s men, to make it 5-0.
Zamalek become the only Egyptian team qualify to the group stages of the CAF Champions League and remain in the competition- after Al Ahly were dumped out by Ahly Benghazi on Saturday, in an impressive fashion with a whole new brand of football under newly appointed coach Mido.