In the pre-match conference, Mali’s U20 head coach Baye Ba states that...
- Mali U20 coach: We aim to win our match against Egypt
- Ibrahim Hassan scores from the spot as Ismaily draws with El-Gaish
- Elneny: I didn’t believe the Arsenal negotiations
- Mamdouh and Zein feature in Pays d’Aix cup win
- SQUASH: 10 Egyptians advance to second round of Windy City Open
- We are not afraid of Zamalek, says Enugu Rangers chief
- Pioli answers: Will Salah be key man for Roma against Inter?
- HANDBALL: Ahly beats Zamalek in league encounter
- VIDEO: Hossam Paulo scores as Zamalek down Nasr Lel Ta’adeen
- Mido: Gent was special for me, English football suited me
Aly Ghazal and Saleh Gomaa’s CD Nacional beat FC Porto at home
Both Pharaohs started the game and played the full 90 minutes at the Estádio da Madeira, with Ghazal playing a solid game against the team who have been rumoured to have the him on their radar.
Ghazal, who was playing his 22nd game of the season patrolled Madeira’s backline all game long with good defensive plays and strong, clean challenges (except for a yellow card picked up at the 58th minute of the game). The former Wadi Degla man, who can play as a center back or defensive midfielder, did not hesitate at times to come at Porto’s players.
Saleh Gomaa was also in the starting line-up and played a decent 90 minutes in the middle of the park with good passes, and even fell deep into his side’s own half to prevent Porto from netting an equaliser late on.
Fans did not have to wait long after kick-off to witness the first goal as Daniel Candeias picked up the ball just outside Porto’s box and smashed it home to put the hosts ahead. Porto equalised a minute after the break through by the lethal striker Jackson Martinez, but two minutes later Mario Rondon regained Nacional’s lead with a goal that proved to be the winning strike for the hosts.
Saleh Gomaa was involved in a tussle late in the game with Ricardo Quaresma – who missed a penalty for his side.
Os Alvinegros have taken a big step in cementing a Europa League berth as they currently sit in 5th, six points clear of Sporting Braga.
Nacional’s next game is set to take place next Sunday on Vitória Setubal at the Estádio do Bonfim.