Zamalek were held to a goalless draw against Tanta in gameweek 26...
- Below-par Zamalek held to goalless draw by Tanta
- Al Masry miss chance to close gap on Zamalek with defeat against Ismaily
- Al Ahly set date for Zanaco Champions League encounter
- EXCLUSIVE | Ngoufonja to challenge Abou Rida in race to FIFA Council
- VIDEO: Elneny takes behind the goal shot challenge with ChrisMD
- PAOK to face AEK in Greek Cup final
- Five thousand allowed to attend Al Ahly’s CAFCL games
- Former Gabon international Moïse Brou Apanga dead at 35
- OFFICIAL: Hassan Shehata resigns as Petrojet manager
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad for Tanta
Aly Ghazal and Saleh Gomaa’s CD Nacional beat FC Porto at home
Both Pharaohs started the game and played the full 90 minutes at the Estádio da Madeira, with Ghazal playing a solid game against the team who have been rumoured to have the him on their radar.
Ghazal, who was playing his 22nd game of the season patrolled Madeira’s backline all game long with good defensive plays and strong, clean challenges (except for a yellow card picked up at the 58th minute of the game). The former Wadi Degla man, who can play as a center back or defensive midfielder, did not hesitate at times to come at Porto’s players.
Saleh Gomaa was also in the starting line-up and played a decent 90 minutes in the middle of the park with good passes, and even fell deep into his side’s own half to prevent Porto from netting an equaliser late on.
Fans did not have to wait long after kick-off to witness the first goal as Daniel Candeias picked up the ball just outside Porto’s box and smashed it home to put the hosts ahead. Porto equalised a minute after the break through by the lethal striker Jackson Martinez, but two minutes later Mario Rondon regained Nacional’s lead with a goal that proved to be the winning strike for the hosts.
Saleh Gomaa was involved in a tussle late in the game with Ricardo Quaresma – who missed a penalty for his side.
Os Alvinegros have taken a big step in cementing a Europa League berth as they currently sit in 5th, six points clear of Sporting Braga.
Nacional’s next game is set to take place next Sunday on Vitória Setubal at the Estádio do Bonfim.