Egypt international Mahmoud Trezeguet featured for Royal Mouscron as they suffered a...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veria hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
- Elneny comes on in Arsenal’s explosive win against West Ham
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley win big at St Andrews
- AWCON: Nigeria emerge as champions of Africa
- Afriyie: I advice Al-Ahly to sign Ebenezer Assifuah
Aly Ghazal and Saleh Gomaa’s CD Nacional beat FC Porto at home
Both Pharaohs started the game and played the full 90 minutes at the Estádio da Madeira, with Ghazal playing a solid game against the team who have been rumoured to have the him on their radar.
Ghazal, who was playing his 22nd game of the season patrolled Madeira’s backline all game long with good defensive plays and strong, clean challenges (except for a yellow card picked up at the 58th minute of the game). The former Wadi Degla man, who can play as a center back or defensive midfielder, did not hesitate at times to come at Porto’s players.
Saleh Gomaa was also in the starting line-up and played a decent 90 minutes in the middle of the park with good passes, and even fell deep into his side’s own half to prevent Porto from netting an equaliser late on.
Fans did not have to wait long after kick-off to witness the first goal as Daniel Candeias picked up the ball just outside Porto’s box and smashed it home to put the hosts ahead. Porto equalised a minute after the break through by the lethal striker Jackson Martinez, but two minutes later Mario Rondon regained Nacional’s lead with a goal that proved to be the winning strike for the hosts.
Saleh Gomaa was involved in a tussle late in the game with Ricardo Quaresma – who missed a penalty for his side.
Os Alvinegros have taken a big step in cementing a Europa League berth as they currently sit in 5th, six points clear of Sporting Braga.
Nacional’s next game is set to take place next Sunday on Vitória Setubal at the Estádio do Bonfim.