The Egypt U-20 National Team drew their second game at AFCON after...
- Egypt U-20 National Team draw second game in a row at AFCON
- Ghana: World Cup hopes destroyed with Grant
- CAF to honor former Al Ahly chairman Hassan Hamdy
- EXCLUSIVE: Sam Morsy called up to Egypt squad
- Egypt court sentences 4 Ultras Ahlawy members to 15 years in prison
- Elneny speaks about his first Arsenal start against Spurs
- Stoke chairman excuses Ramadan from criticism after Spurs defeat
- Mohamed Ashraf scores as El-Gaish down Al Masry
- Hamoudi included in Al Ahly squad against Dakhleya
- Elmohamady: It’s going to be difficult at Leicester
Al Ahly get Morocco’s Difaa in 2014 CAF Confederation Cup play-off draw
The 2014 CAF Confederation Cup play-off draw, which took place in CAF’s headquarters in Cairo on Tuesday, has revealed that Egypt’s only representative Al Ahly will face Difaa Hassani El Jadidi of Morocco.
Al Ahly entered the Confederation Cup draw after being eliminated from the CAF Champions League after two consecutive defeats by Tarek El-Ashry’s Ahli Benghazi, losing 4-2 on aggregate.
Mohamed Youssef’s side will host the 1st leg of the play-off round of the CAF Confederation Cup on April 18/19/20 and the 2nd Leg will be played in Morocco on April 25/26/27.
Given that Al Ahly wins the tie with Morocco’s Difaa on aggregate, they will advance directly to the CAF Confederation Cup group stages.
Never have an Egyptian team won the Confederation Cup, which should motivate the African Champions to try and add the title to their 19 international trophies – currently a world record.
The 11th edition of the Orange CAF Confederation Cup draw:
Al Ahly (Egypt) vs Difaa Hassani Jadida (Morocco)
AS Real (Mali) vs Djoliba (Mali)
AC Léopards (Congo) vs Medeama (Ghana)
Kaizer Chiefs (South Africa) vs ASEC Mimosas (Cote d’Ivoire)
Coton Sport (Cameroon) vs Petro Atletico (Angola)
Horoya (Guinea) vs Etoile du Sahel (Tunisia)
Sewe Sport (Cote d’Ivoire) vs Bayelsa (Nigeria)
Nkana (Zambia) vs Club Athletique Bizertin (Tunisia)
Hany Rashad, Al Ahly’s administration manager commented then on the draw saying: “It’s a good draw and now that we are out of Champions League we have turned our full focus on CAF Confederation Cup.”
“We have a tough match against Difaa Hassani Jadida of Morocco. Some of the positives of this pairing are that we face a fellow North African team and this can be motivating in itself because of the regional rivalry.
“No Egyptian side has ever won the CAF Confederation Cup since the new format and we want to be the first to do that,” he concluded.