Egypt manager Hector Cuper believes that the Pharaohs didn’t play badly in...
- Egypt did not play badly against Mali, says coach Hector Cuper
- Egypt lose to Sweden, face Croatia in World Handball Championship last 16
- Avram Grant demands injured players’ replacement in AFCON
- Zamalek reject Torino’s offer for Mostafa Fathi
- Malang Diédhiou appointed as referee for Egypt-Uganda game
- Roma cruise past Sampdoria to reach quarter-finals
- Elmohamady: Uganda’s match is very important
- EXCLUSIVE: Union Española turn down Zamalek bid for Carlos Salom
- Burkina Faso duo Pitroipa, Zongo to miss rest of AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Guinea-Bissau’s Abel Camara: We feel like heroes
VIDEO: Zamalek 1-1 Tala’a El-Gaish – Whites continue winless run against Toulan’s men
The first half was dull for the most part, with Zamalek trying to find space on both the right and left flanks, but failing to penetrate Tala’a El-Gaish’s well organized defense line.
El-Gaish, led by Zamalek’s previous manager Helmy Toulan, were able to find space continuously on the counter, and opened the scoring from a surprising free-kick by Hassan Youssef.
Zamalek then responded in the 19th minute after Dominique Da Silva latched onto Hazem Emam’s cross with his head to equalize for the Whites.
The second half continued in the same fashion, with hardly being any chances on goal for either side. Zamalek had many free kicks but lacked a specialist to convert them. The White’s best chance of the half came in the 84th minute, after Said “Otta” played a cross in the box, and Gaafar met it with an off target header.
Zamalek are the 6th in the Group B table with two games in hand after playing 11 games. Mido will have a tough task ahead if he wishes to reach the play-off stage.