Hull let a lead slip as they drew 1-1 against fellow newly-promoted...
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
- Elmohamady speaks about adapting to English culture, life at Hull
- Karim Nedved aiming to use U-20 AFCON as stepping stone to Europe
- Ex-Zamalek’s Ahmed Nasser undergoing trial at Nurnberg
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Hafez plays full 90 in Lens 2-0 win
- U-20 AFCON: Egypt coach Gamal acknowledges pressure to deliver
- Mali U20 coach: We aim to win our match against Egypt
- Ibrahim Hassan scores from the spot as Ismaily draws with El-Gaish
- Elneny: I couldn’t believe the Arsenal negotiations
VIDEO: Zamalek 1-1 Tala’a El-Gaish – Whites continue winless run against Toulan’s men
Zamalek draw 1-1 against Helmy Toulan’s Tala’a El-Gaish in a poor match from the Whites, which extends their winless streak in the league to four games.
The first half was dull for the most part, with Zamalek trying to find space on both the right and left flanks, but failing to penetrate Tala’a El-Gaish’s well organized defense line.
El-Gaish, led by Zamalek’s previous manager Helmy Toulan, were able to find space continuously on the counter, and opened the scoring from a surprising free-kick by Hassan Youssef.
Zamalek then responded in the 19th minute after Dominique Da Silva latched onto Hazem Emam’s cross with his head to equalize for the Whites.
The second half continued in the same fashion, with hardly being any chances on goal for either side. Zamalek had many free kicks but lacked a specialist to convert them. The White’s best chance of the half came in the 84th minute, after Said “Otta” played a cross in the box, and Gaafar met it with an off target header.
Zamalek are the 6th in the Group B table with two games in hand after playing 11 games. Mido will have a tough task ahead if he wishes to reach the play-off stage.