Hany Zada, a member of the Zamalek board, spoke to ON Sport...
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
- Meteb excluded from Al Ahly squad against Petrojet
- Cúper recruits 10 international players for qualifier against Ghana
VIDEO: Zamalek 1-1 Tala’a El-Gaish – Whites continue winless run against Toulan’s men
The first half was dull for the most part, with Zamalek trying to find space on both the right and left flanks, but failing to penetrate Tala’a El-Gaish’s well organized defense line.
El-Gaish, led by Zamalek’s previous manager Helmy Toulan, were able to find space continuously on the counter, and opened the scoring from a surprising free-kick by Hassan Youssef.
Zamalek then responded in the 19th minute after Dominique Da Silva latched onto Hazem Emam’s cross with his head to equalize for the Whites.
The second half continued in the same fashion, with hardly being any chances on goal for either side. Zamalek had many free kicks but lacked a specialist to convert them. The White’s best chance of the half came in the 84th minute, after Said “Otta” played a cross in the box, and Gaafar met it with an off target header.
Zamalek are the 6th in the Group B table with two games in hand after playing 11 games. Mido will have a tough task ahead if he wishes to reach the play-off stage.