AS Roma winger Stephan El Shaarawy has stated that he has a...
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
VIDEO: Salah inspires Chelsea to victory over Stoke with goal & assist on full debut
With Eden Hazard and Oscar rested ahead of Chelsea’s Champions League clash with PSG next Tuesday, 21-year-old Egypt international Mohamed Salah was given his first start for the Blues against Stoke City on Saturday.
Salah, who scored his first goal for Chelsea a fortnight ago against Arsenal, was involved in all three goals at Stamford Bridge, which lifts Mourinho’s side back to the top of the Barclays Premier League.
The Egyptian winger opened the scoring for the Blues after 32 minutes, converting Matic’s cut-back with his left foot from just inside the box.
On the hour mark Salah won a penalty for Chelsea after Hazard back-heeled a pass towards the Egyptian, who was brought down inside the box by Andy Wilkinson.
Lampard missed the spot-kick but managed to covert the rebound to put Chelsea 2-0 up on the 61st minute.
10 minutes later, Salah was again directly involved in a Chelsea goal, finding Brazil international Willan who curled the ball beautifully into the corner.
Chelsea are now on 72 points after 33 games, but Liverpool and Manchester City could both leapfrog over them if they take advantage of their games in hand.