The Windy City Open 2017, which will kick off on Thursday in...
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
- Warda voted Man of The Match in PAOK’s win over Veria
- Ahmed Nagy: El-Hadary will go to the World Cup
Al Ahly 4-1 Misr El-Maqassa: Red Devils back on track with a four goal thrashing of Maqassa
Al Ahly’s first chance of the game came through Mohamed Nagy Gedo, whose shot was saved Ramzi Saleh.
Abdullah El-Said’s free-kick caused some danger, but his attempt went inches wide.
Moussa Yedan could’ve put the Red Devils ahead but when he went through on goal, his attempt was blocked.
Amr Gamal gave Al Ahly a deserved lead with a towering header after he latched onto Gedo’s pinpoint cross from the right-hand side.
Omar Nagdy was Maqassa’s danger man early in the second-half, and he had the chance to make it 1-1 but his attempt was saved by Sherif Ekramy.
Hussein Hamdy could’ve made it 1-1 minutes later, but the Maqassa’s forward attempt went wide of the post.
Abduallah El-Said doubled Al Ahly’s lead minutes later, after some decent work from Yedan.
Exactly one minute later, Yedan and El-Said combined again for Al Ahly’s third, putting the game out of Maqassa’s reach.
After a series of negative play from both sides, Mahmoud Hassan ‘Trezeguet’ made it 4-0 to put the icing on the cake for the hosts.
Hussein El-Sayed scored a consolation goal for the Fayoum side in stoppage time, with that goal the scoreline read 4-1.