Mohamed Mamdouh Hashem, Pays d’Aix and Egypt’s National Handball team Pivot, spoke...
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
- Elmohamady speaks about adapting to English culture, life at Hull
- Karim Nedved aiming to use U-20 AFCON as stepping stone to Europe
- Ex-Zamalek’s Ahmed Nasser undergoing trial at Nurnberg
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Hafez plays full 90 in Lens 2-0 win
- U-20 AFCON: Egypt coach Gamal acknowledges pressure to deliver
- Mali U20 coach: We aim to win our match against Egypt
- Ibrahim Hassan scores from the spot as Ismaily draws with El-Gaish
- Elneny: I didn’t believe the Arsenal negotiations
- Mamdouh and Zein feature in Pays d’Aix cup win
Mourinho: Chelsea did very well to buy Salah
The match was Salah’s first time starting for Chelsea since his £11 million move from FC Basel, which made him the most expensive Egyptian player of all time.
In the post-match press conference following the Blues’ win against Stoke, Mourinho expressed his delight to have a player like Salah within his ranks, commending Chelsea for bringing him in.
“Chelsea did very well, we sold a great player [Juan Mata], a finished product in the best moment of his career. We bought a kid from a different habitat, an Egyptian player playing in Switzerland,” Mourinho said in the post-match conference.
“We know he needs time, we know next season he will be an important player for us. This season, step by step, he’s playing 10 minutes here and there. You can feel the connection between him and the crowd; the crowd like him, they like his style of play.
“He’s the type of player we need because we have wingers who prefer to play with the ball at their feet, he’s the type of player who prefers the ball into space. Chelsea did very well to bring him, next season with him, Eden, Willian and Oscar, they will have more strength and experience, they have a good future,” he concluded.