KingFut’s Marwan Ahmed got in touch with Angola national team manager Beto...
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
- VIDEO: Egypt’s locals national team defeat Benin
- Ghanaian officials banned for sexual harassment
- Mortada: Alain Giresse has agreed to manage Zamalek
- Volleyball: Al Ahly crowned African champions
- Egypt’s general prosecutor reopens the Air Defence Stadium case
- Gennesh reflects on his first Egypt call-up
- Al Ahly: Emad Meteb is an important player for us
- Hector Cuper: Bassem Morsy can rejoin national team
- Meteb admits he might leave Al Ahly over lack of playing time
Mourinho: Chelsea did very well to buy Salah
The match was Salah’s first time starting for Chelsea since his £11 million move from FC Basel, which made him the most expensive Egyptian player of all time.
In the post-match press conference following the Blues’ win against Stoke, Mourinho expressed his delight to have a player like Salah within his ranks, commending Chelsea for bringing him in.
“Chelsea did very well, we sold a great player [Juan Mata], a finished product in the best moment of his career. We bought a kid from a different habitat, an Egyptian player playing in Switzerland,” Mourinho said in the post-match conference.
“We know he needs time, we know next season he will be an important player for us. This season, step by step, he’s playing 10 minutes here and there. You can feel the connection between him and the crowd; the crowd like him, they like his style of play.
“He’s the type of player we need because we have wingers who prefer to play with the ball at their feet, he’s the type of player who prefers the ball into space. Chelsea did very well to bring him, next season with him, Eden, Willian and Oscar, they will have more strength and experience, they have a good future,” he concluded.