KingFut continues to round up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup...
- AFCON Roundup: Surprising results in Group C
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
Mourinho: Chelsea did very well to buy Salah
The match was Salah’s first time starting for Chelsea since his £11 million move from FC Basel, which made him the most expensive Egyptian player of all time.
In the post-match press conference following the Blues’ win against Stoke, Mourinho expressed his delight to have a player like Salah within his ranks, commending Chelsea for bringing him in.
“Chelsea did very well, we sold a great player [Juan Mata], a finished product in the best moment of his career. We bought a kid from a different habitat, an Egyptian player playing in Switzerland,” Mourinho said in the post-match conference.
“We know he needs time, we know next season he will be an important player for us. This season, step by step, he’s playing 10 minutes here and there. You can feel the connection between him and the crowd; the crowd like him, they like his style of play.
“He’s the type of player we need because we have wingers who prefer to play with the ball at their feet, he’s the type of player who prefers the ball into space. Chelsea did very well to bring him, next season with him, Eden, Willian and Oscar, they will have more strength and experience, they have a good future,” he concluded.