Egypt’s Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica defeats Braga one nil...
- Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica down Braga
- VIDEO: Warda assists twice in PAOK 4-0 win over Veria
- Mohamed Salah scores in Roma’s 4-1 win against Torino
- VIDEO: Keeper Busca’s heroics help Al Masry advance in Confederation Cup
- VIDEO: Al Ahly return to winning ways after beating Arab Contractors
- Zamalek to face Nigeria’s Enugu Rangers in CAF Champions League
- Former Al Ahly manager Garrido sacked by Al-Ettifaq
- VIDEO: Smouha edge Maqassa in seven-goal thriller
- Zambia announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Shikabala excluded from Zamalek squad against Tala’a El-Gaish
Young Egyptian ‘Zizo’ injured on full debut as Lierse down Gent 1-0
18-year-old Egyptian midfielder Ahmed Sayed ‘Zizo’, who made his senior debut for Lierse last weekend after signing a professional contract from WD JMG Academy, was given his first start for the club in a 1-0 win against Gent on Saturday.
Lierse fielded a very young side against Gent with an average player age of 22 – with Zizo the youngest of the eleven, having been born in 1996.
Unfortunately, Zizo was replaced 46 minutes into the play-off 2A tie with a hip injury, leading to the introduction of veteran Egypt international Hossam Ghaly.
In the 57th minute, youngster Faysel Kasmi sent in a beautiful cross in the path of Hernán Losada, who controlled the ball and guided it past Matz Sels to score the only goal of the match; sealing the 1-0 victory for Lierse.
Lierse face KV Oostende next Saturday in their third match of the play-offs, having lost the previous game 2-0 against Waasland-Beveren.
Watch Highlights of the Match Below (Zizo – #21)