The Confederation of African Football’s secretary general Hicham El Amrani resigned from...
- CAF secretary general Hicham El Amrani resigns
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
- CAF names referees for Al Masry Confederation Cup playoff match
- Mortada announces Mohamed Helmy’s departure
- Angola appoint Flávio as assistant manager
- SQUASH: Potential all Egyptian men’s final awaits ahead of semi-finals
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
Young Egyptian ‘Zizo’ injured on full debut as Lierse down Gent 1-0
18-year-old Egyptian midfielder Ahmed Sayed ‘Zizo’, who made his senior debut for Lierse last weekend after signing a professional contract from WD JMG Academy, was given his first start for the club in a 1-0 win against Gent on Saturday.
Lierse fielded a very young side against Gent with an average player age of 22 – with Zizo the youngest of the eleven, having been born in 1996.
Unfortunately, Zizo was replaced 46 minutes into the play-off 2A tie with a hip injury, leading to the introduction of veteran Egypt international Hossam Ghaly.
In the 57th minute, youngster Faysel Kasmi sent in a beautiful cross in the path of Hernán Losada, who controlled the ball and guided it past Matz Sels to score the only goal of the match; sealing the 1-0 victory for Lierse.
Lierse face KV Oostende next Saturday in their third match of the play-offs, having lost the previous game 2-0 against Waasland-Beveren.
Watch Highlights of the Match Below (Zizo – #21)