Pitso Mosimane revealed his interest in signing two Zamalek players ahead of...
- Pitso Mosimane targets Zamalek duo ahead of FIFA Club World Cup
- Mortada Mansour: ‘Magic and sorcery’ cost us
- Salah scores and assists in 4-1 win over Palermo
- VIDEO: Zamalek defeat Sundowns in Egypt but lose Champions League final
- Arab Champions League to return next summer in Egypt
- Warda features as Panetolikos lose to Levadiakos
- Egypt seeded third for Africa U-20 Cup of Nations draw
- LIVE: Zamalek vs Mamelodi Sundowns – 2016 CAF Champions League final
- Mosimane: We won’t be relaxed in the final
- Eric Otogo-Castane to referee Egypt-Ghana WC qualifier
Young Egyptian ‘Zizo’ injured on full debut as Lierse down Gent 1-0
18-year-old Egyptian midfielder Ahmed Sayed ‘Zizo’, who made his senior debut for Lierse last weekend after signing a professional contract from WD JMG Academy, was given his first start for the club in a 1-0 win against Gent on Saturday.
Lierse fielded a very young side against Gent with an average player age of 22 – with Zizo the youngest of the eleven, having been born in 1996.
Unfortunately, Zizo was replaced 46 minutes into the play-off 2A tie with a hip injury, leading to the introduction of veteran Egypt international Hossam Ghaly.
In the 57th minute, youngster Faysel Kasmi sent in a beautiful cross in the path of Hernán Losada, who controlled the ball and guided it past Matz Sels to score the only goal of the match; sealing the 1-0 victory for Lierse.
Lierse face KV Oostende next Saturday in their third match of the play-offs, having lost the previous game 2-0 against Waasland-Beveren.
Watch Highlights of the Match Below (Zizo – #21)