Egypt international Mohamed Elneny has praised Mali, describing them as a tough...
- Elneny: We have a good chance to qualify
- El-Hadary made history as Mali held Egypt to goalless draw
- Ayew scores from the spot as Ghana down Uganda
- Ehab Allam: Hull City have never been a ‘selling club’ under our ownership
- RELIVE: Egypt vs Mali – 2017 Africa Cup of Nations
- VIDEO: Military National Team draw with Poland in the World Military Cup
- Hull City league position putting off prospective buyers, says Ehab Allam
- Petrojet appoints Hassan Shehata as new head coach
- OFFICIAL: Lierse confirm Amr Barakat move to Al Ahly
- Mali goalkeeper Diakite and midfielder Traoré injured before Egypt match
Young Egyptian ‘Zizo’ injured on full debut as Lierse down Gent 1-0
18-year-old Egyptian midfielder Ahmed Sayed ‘Zizo’, who made his senior debut for Lierse last weekend after signing a professional contract from WD JMG Academy, was given his first start for the club in a 1-0 win against Gent on Saturday.
Lierse fielded a very young side against Gent with an average player age of 22 – with Zizo the youngest of the eleven, having been born in 1996.
Unfortunately, Zizo was replaced 46 minutes into the play-off 2A tie with a hip injury, leading to the introduction of veteran Egypt international Hossam Ghaly.
In the 57th minute, youngster Faysel Kasmi sent in a beautiful cross in the path of Hernán Losada, who controlled the ball and guided it past Matz Sels to score the only goal of the match; sealing the 1-0 victory for Lierse.
Lierse face KV Oostende next Saturday in their third match of the play-offs, having lost the previous game 2-0 against Waasland-Beveren.
Watch Highlights of the Match Below (Zizo – #21)