Arsenal coach Arsene Wenger made a round up on the team’s injured...
- Wenger gives update on Elneny’s condition
- OFFICIAL: Gabon appoint Jose Camacho as new manager
- Mahmoud Fayez: Salah will be fit in time for AFCON
- SQUASH: Egyptian women take world’s top three spots for first time in history
- SQUASH: Egypt beat USA to reach WWTC semi-finals
- Ahmed Gafaar excluded from Zamalek’s squad against El-Dakhleya
- Salah out for three weeks with an ankle injury
- Wim De Coninck believes Trezeguet must return to Anderlecht
- Egypt features in list of referees for 2017 AFCON
- Anderlecht coach: Trezeguet is developing well away from the spotlight
Young Egyptian ‘Zizo’ injured on full debut as Lierse down Gent 1-0
18-year-old Egyptian midfielder Ahmed Sayed ‘Zizo’, who made his senior debut for Lierse last weekend after signing a professional contract from WD JMG Academy, was given his first start for the club in a 1-0 win against Gent on Saturday.
Lierse fielded a very young side against Gent with an average player age of 22 – with Zizo the youngest of the eleven, having been born in 1996.
Unfortunately, Zizo was replaced 46 minutes into the play-off 2A tie with a hip injury, leading to the introduction of veteran Egypt international Hossam Ghaly.
In the 57th minute, youngster Faysel Kasmi sent in a beautiful cross in the path of Hernán Losada, who controlled the ball and guided it past Matz Sels to score the only goal of the match; sealing the 1-0 victory for Lierse.
Lierse face KV Oostende next Saturday in their third match of the play-offs, having lost the previous game 2-0 against Waasland-Beveren.
Watch Highlights of the Match Below (Zizo – #21)