Egypt international Mohamed Elneny has praised Mali, describing them as a tough...
- Elneny: We have a good chance to qualify
- El-Hadary made history as Mali held Egypt to goalless draw
- Ayew scores from the spot as Ghana down Uganda
- Ehab Allam: Hull City have never been a ‘selling club’ under our ownership
- RELIVE: Egypt vs Mali – 2017 Africa Cup of Nations
- VIDEO: Military National Team draw with Poland in the World Military Cup
- Hull City league position putting off prospective buyers, says Ehab Allam
- Petrojet appoints Hassan Shehata as new head coach
- OFFICIAL: Lierse confirm Amr Barakat move to Al Ahly
- Mali goalkeeper Diakite and midfielder Traoré injured before Egypt match
Egypt striker Mekky transfers to Al Ahly on Saturday – Shalaby
Haras El-Hodood striker Ahmed Hassan Mekky, who is currently on a loan at Ahly Tripoli, is set to join the Cairo giants in a few days.
According to famous TV presenter Medhat Shalaby, the 26-year-old striker is finally joining Al Ahly after years of ongoing negotiations between the two clubs, as Haras El-Hodood previously exaggerated their demands and each season the deal fell through.
“He signed the forms already and he will sign the contracts next Saturday, Ahmed Hassan Mekky is now an Ahly player,” Shalaby confirmed.
The player recently stated his will to transfer to the Red Devils, as reported by King Fut. “I told El-Hodood’s officials that I want to move to Al Ahly and negotiations are ongoing between the two clubs to complete the transaction,” Mekky stated two months ago.
Mekky, who was one of coach Mohamed Youssef’s requests, will be the first transfer for Al Ahly to strengthen the team’s frontline.
Other players Youssef is interested in include last season’s top scorer William Jebour, Ayman Hefny and former Zamalek striker Abdoulaye Cissé.