Egypt international Mohamed Abdel-Shafy played the full 90 minutes as Al Ahli...
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
- Yannick Bolasie sidelined for a year after suffering knee injury
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
Egypt striker Mekky transfers to Al Ahly on Saturday – Shalaby
Haras El-Hodood striker Ahmed Hassan Mekky, who is currently on a loan at Ahly Tripoli, is set to join the Cairo giants in a few days.
According to famous TV presenter Medhat Shalaby, the 26-year-old striker is finally joining Al Ahly after years of ongoing negotiations between the two clubs, as Haras El-Hodood previously exaggerated their demands and each season the deal fell through.
“He signed the forms already and he will sign the contracts next Saturday, Ahmed Hassan Mekky is now an Ahly player,” Shalaby confirmed.
The player recently stated his will to transfer to the Red Devils, as reported by King Fut. “I told El-Hodood’s officials that I want to move to Al Ahly and negotiations are ongoing between the two clubs to complete the transaction,” Mekky stated two months ago.
Mekky, who was one of coach Mohamed Youssef’s requests, will be the first transfer for Al Ahly to strengthen the team’s frontline.
Other players Youssef is interested in include last season’s top scorer William Jebour, Ayman Hefny and former Zamalek striker Abdoulaye Cissé.