South Africa’s Minister of Sport and Recreation Fikiler Mbalula has expressed his discontent...
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Zamalek legend Hazem Emam says winning African title ‘not impossible’
- Egypt’s assistant coach says Pharaohs won’t rely on history
- Sada Cruzeiro beat El-Gaish in Volleyball Club World Championship
Egypt striker Mekky transfers to Al Ahly on Saturday – Shalaby
Haras El-Hodood striker Ahmed Hassan Mekky, who is currently on a loan at Ahly Tripoli, is set to join the Cairo giants in a few days.
According to famous TV presenter Medhat Shalaby, the 26-year-old striker is finally joining Al Ahly after years of ongoing negotiations between the two clubs, as Haras El-Hodood previously exaggerated their demands and each season the deal fell through.
“He signed the forms already and he will sign the contracts next Saturday, Ahmed Hassan Mekky is now an Ahly player,” Shalaby confirmed.
The player recently stated his will to transfer to the Red Devils, as reported by King Fut. “I told El-Hodood’s officials that I want to move to Al Ahly and negotiations are ongoing between the two clubs to complete the transaction,” Mekky stated two months ago.
Mekky, who was one of coach Mohamed Youssef’s requests, will be the first transfer for Al Ahly to strengthen the team’s frontline.
Other players Youssef is interested in include last season’s top scorer William Jebour, Ayman Hefny and former Zamalek striker Abdoulaye Cissé.