A Sherif Ekramy penalty save in the dying seconds of the match...
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
- Baldissoni: We have no intention to replace Salah
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veria hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
Sporting protecting Shikabala, says agent
The former Zamalek player is yet to play a game for the main squad, but has four appearances in the B team, with a total of just over 200 minutes. Despite that, his agent defends Sporting’s attitude towards him.
“He needs to gain a routine, habits… A 28-year-old player, who is not used to defending, needs more time, there are many differences. In Egypt he was the star, and he’s used to that, but now he’s just another player,” said Paulo Faria to Portuguese newspaper O Jogo.
The agent also mentioned his lack of pre-season and the differences between African and European football.
“Usually, for a player coming from an African championship, he needs two or three months to gain rhythm; the adaptation is more complicated. In a club like Sporting, which has very different goals, it becomes even more complicated.”
The club also earned compliments by the way that they are working with Shikabala, a bet for next season’s campaign.
“Sporting are protecting the player and preparing him for next season. If he can take part in matches this season, it would be great, but the real Shika will only appear in 2014/15,” guaranteed the agent.