After losing the Champions League final on aggregate to Mameloudi Sundowns, Zamalek’s...
- Momen Soliman: the best team won and Fathi could leave in January
- Pitso Mosimane targets Zamalek duo ahead of FIFA Club World Cup
- Mortada Mansour: ‘Magic and sorcery’ cost us
- Salah scores and assists in 4-1 win over Palermo
- VIDEO: Zamalek defeat Sundowns in Egypt but lose Champions League final
- Arab Champions League to return next summer in Egypt
- Warda features as Panetolikos lose to Levadiakos
- Egypt seeded third for Africa U-20 Cup of Nations draw
- LIVE: Zamalek vs Mamelodi Sundowns – 2016 CAF Champions League final
- Mosimane: We won’t be relaxed in the final
Sporting protecting Shikabala, says agent
The former Zamalek player is yet to play a game for the main squad, but has four appearances in the B team, with a total of just over 200 minutes. Despite that, his agent defends Sporting’s attitude towards him.
“He needs to gain a routine, habits… A 28-year-old player, who is not used to defending, needs more time, there are many differences. In Egypt he was the star, and he’s used to that, but now he’s just another player,” said Paulo Faria to Portuguese newspaper O Jogo.
The agent also mentioned his lack of pre-season and the differences between African and European football.
“Usually, for a player coming from an African championship, he needs two or three months to gain rhythm; the adaptation is more complicated. In a club like Sporting, which has very different goals, it becomes even more complicated.”
The club also earned compliments by the way that they are working with Shikabala, a bet for next season’s campaign.
“Sporting are protecting the player and preparing him for next season. If he can take part in matches this season, it would be great, but the real Shika will only appear in 2014/15,” guaranteed the agent.