Alexandrian Smouha SC was stunned by a fifth ACL injury this season...
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Tanta clash
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
- Sports ministry approves establishment of Egyptian Rugby Union
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Trezeguet features as Genk thrash Mouscron
- Egypt’s Amr Warda scores first goal with PAOK
- Hossam El-Badry denies Ali Maaloul departure rumors
- Gennesh excluded as Incaio announces Zamalek squad for Al Masry clash
Sporting protecting Shikabala, says agent
The former Zamalek player is yet to play a game for the main squad, but has four appearances in the B team, with a total of just over 200 minutes. Despite that, his agent defends Sporting’s attitude towards him.
“He needs to gain a routine, habits… A 28-year-old player, who is not used to defending, needs more time, there are many differences. In Egypt he was the star, and he’s used to that, but now he’s just another player,” said Paulo Faria to Portuguese newspaper O Jogo.
The agent also mentioned his lack of pre-season and the differences between African and European football.
“Usually, for a player coming from an African championship, he needs two or three months to gain rhythm; the adaptation is more complicated. In a club like Sporting, which has very different goals, it becomes even more complicated.”
The club also earned compliments by the way that they are working with Shikabala, a bet for next season’s campaign.
“Sporting are protecting the player and preparing him for next season. If he can take part in matches this season, it would be great, but the real Shika will only appear in 2014/15,” guaranteed the agent.