Scottish outfit Kilmarnock have turned down a bid from African giants Zamalek...
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
- Uganda coach Micho blames ‘stage fright’ for Ghana defeat
- Thievy Bifouma joins Turkey’s Osmanlispor
Elmohamady becomes first Egyptian to reach FA Cup final as Hull down Sheffield United
Egypt international Ahmed Elmohamady, who mentioned one trip to Wembley wouldn’t be enough for the Tigers, became the first Egyptian to ever reach the FA Cup final following Hull City’s 5-3 win against Sheffield United.
26-year-old Elmohamady started at right midfield for the Tigers as Steve Bruce’s side dominated early possession.
However, Sheffield United took the lead in the 18th minute thanks to a goal from Jose Baxtar.
There were two goals in two minutes as Ivorian Yannick Sagbo levelled the scoreline in the 41st minute until United quickly regained the lead just 74 seconds later.
Just three minutes after coming on as a half-time substitute, Matt Fryatt level-pegged the Tigers making it 2-2.
Tom Huddlestone gave Hull the lead for the first time in the 53rd minute following a great team play.
The Tigers rampage continued as Jake Livermore’s 66th minute cross was met by Stephen Quinn who made the scoreline 4-2.
Sheffield pulled one back in the 90th minute when Jake Murphy slotted in, but Elmohamady quickly broke on a counter attack and slipped in Meyler who finished the game off in added time to book the Tigers’ return to Wembley.
The FA Cup final will be held on the 17th of May where the Tigers will meet Arsenal.