Roma progressed to the next round of the Europa League despite falling...
- Roma advance in Europa League despite losing to Villarreal
- VIDEO: Amr Gamal ends goal drought in Al Ahly win over Degla
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
Elmohamady becomes first Egyptian to reach FA Cup final as Hull down Sheffield United
Egypt international Ahmed Elmohamady, who mentioned one trip to Wembley wouldn’t be enough for the Tigers, became the first Egyptian to ever reach the FA Cup final following Hull City’s 5-3 win against Sheffield United.
26-year-old Elmohamady started at right midfield for the Tigers as Steve Bruce’s side dominated early possession.
However, Sheffield United took the lead in the 18th minute thanks to a goal from Jose Baxtar.
There were two goals in two minutes as Ivorian Yannick Sagbo levelled the scoreline in the 41st minute until United quickly regained the lead just 74 seconds later.
Just three minutes after coming on as a half-time substitute, Matt Fryatt level-pegged the Tigers making it 2-2.
Tom Huddlestone gave Hull the lead for the first time in the 53rd minute following a great team play.
The Tigers rampage continued as Jake Livermore’s 66th minute cross was met by Stephen Quinn who made the scoreline 4-2.
Sheffield pulled one back in the 90th minute when Jake Murphy slotted in, but Elmohamady quickly broke on a counter attack and slipped in Meyler who finished the game off in added time to book the Tigers’ return to Wembley.
The FA Cup final will be held on the 17th of May where the Tigers will meet Arsenal.