Al Ahly have revealed an official request from Spanish club Villarreal CF...
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
Elmohamady becomes first Egyptian to reach FA Cup final as Hull down Sheffield United
Egypt international Ahmed Elmohamady, who mentioned one trip to Wembley wouldn’t be enough for the Tigers, became the first Egyptian to ever reach the FA Cup final following Hull City’s 5-3 win against Sheffield United.
26-year-old Elmohamady started at right midfield for the Tigers as Steve Bruce’s side dominated early possession.
However, Sheffield United took the lead in the 18th minute thanks to a goal from Jose Baxtar.
There were two goals in two minutes as Ivorian Yannick Sagbo levelled the scoreline in the 41st minute until United quickly regained the lead just 74 seconds later.
Just three minutes after coming on as a half-time substitute, Matt Fryatt level-pegged the Tigers making it 2-2.
Tom Huddlestone gave Hull the lead for the first time in the 53rd minute following a great team play.
The Tigers rampage continued as Jake Livermore’s 66th minute cross was met by Stephen Quinn who made the scoreline 4-2.
Sheffield pulled one back in the 90th minute when Jake Murphy slotted in, but Elmohamady quickly broke on a counter attack and slipped in Meyler who finished the game off in added time to book the Tigers’ return to Wembley.
The FA Cup final will be held on the 17th of May where the Tigers will meet Arsenal.