Roma grabbed a fantastic 3-1 away win over Inter Milan at the...
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
- EFA announce date for Arab Club Championship draw
- Al Ahly and Wadi Degla fined following league match controversy
- Karim Nedved confirms receiving an offer from La Liga club
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
Salah plays 90 minutes as Ba strike sees Chelsea past 10-man Swansea
Egypt international Mohamed Salah played the full match against Swansea City as Chelsea pulled off a 1-0 win in Wales on Sunday.
Salah, who was involved in all three of Chelsea’s goals on his full debut last weekend, retained his place on the right side of Mourinho’s starting eleven on their trip to the Liberty Stadium.
The 21-year-old Egyptian winger was guilty of missing two great chances in the first half, hitting the bottom of the post from inside the box a few minutes after kick-off.
Chelsea struggled to break down the Swansea defense despite the Welsh side playing with 10 men for the majority of the game – after Chico Flores received two yellow cards within a minute.
Demba Ba put Chelsea in front after 68 minutes with a strike too strong for Vorm to handle after the Senegalese striker was played in by Matic.
Salah played on the left flank in the second half and created a couple of great chances for the Blues, which Cameroonian legend Eto’o squandered.
Ba’s goal proved to be the winner for the second time this week after lifting Mourinho’s side into the Champions League semi-finals midweek over PSG and now keeping their title hopes alive.
Liverpool are two points clear at the top of the table following a 3-2 win against Manchester City earlier in the day.