After losing the Champions League final on aggregate to Mameloudi Sundowns, Zamalek’s...
- Momen Soliman: the best team won and Fathi could leave in January
- Pitso Mosimane targets Zamalek duo ahead of FIFA Club World Cup
- Mortada Mansour: ‘Magic and sorcery’ cost us
- Salah scores and assists in 4-1 win over Palermo
- VIDEO: Zamalek defeat Sundowns in Egypt but lose Champions League final
- Arab Champions League to return next summer in Egypt
- Warda features as Panetolikos lose to Levadiakos
- Egypt seeded third for Africa U-20 Cup of Nations draw
- LIVE: Zamalek vs Mamelodi Sundowns – 2016 CAF Champions League final
- Mosimane: We won’t be relaxed in the final
Elmohamady on the verge of making history in the FA Cup
Elmo became the first Egyptian to feature in a semi-final and could become the first to appear in the final of the 143-year-old competition. The wing-back helped his side overcome Sheffield United in a dramatic 5-3 win but the Tigers looked in danger of heading out of the competition at half-time being 2-1 down. However, second-half goals from Matty Fryatt, Tom Huddlestone, Stephen Quinn and David Meyler booking their place in the finale.
Speaking after the match, Elmo said: “I am the first Egyptian player to play in a semi-final at Wembley and now in the final as well, it will be fantastic. I’m very proud. Everyone [back home] watched the game today and I think everyone is happy we have made it into the final.”
Should Arsenal finish fourth in the Premier League Hull City would enter the UEFA Europa League and the 26-year-old is excited at that possibility: “We are really looking forward to [the chance of] playing in Europe too, particularly coming in the first season after we have got promoted. To play a final at Wembley against Arsenal and to go into Europe would be a fantastic opportunity for us to make some great history, and leave us with a huge season.”
Hull City take on Arsenal in the FA Cup final next month on 17 May.