Ifeanyi Ubah owner, Dr. Patrick Ifeanyi Ubah has resealed a statement, criticising...
- Ifeanyi Ubah: Al Masry scored through a controversial penalty
- Lionel Messi speaks about Egypt’s greatness and pyramids
- Cameroon announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
- Agent: Mohamed Hany on radar of several European clubs
- Mali Legend Momo Sissoko joins Serie B club
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
Elmohamady on the verge of making history in the FA Cup
Elmo became the first Egyptian to feature in a semi-final and could become the first to appear in the final of the 143-year-old competition. The wing-back helped his side overcome Sheffield United in a dramatic 5-3 win but the Tigers looked in danger of heading out of the competition at half-time being 2-1 down. However, second-half goals from Matty Fryatt, Tom Huddlestone, Stephen Quinn and David Meyler booking their place in the finale.
Speaking after the match, Elmo said: “I am the first Egyptian player to play in a semi-final at Wembley and now in the final as well, it will be fantastic. I’m very proud. Everyone [back home] watched the game today and I think everyone is happy we have made it into the final.”
Should Arsenal finish fourth in the Premier League Hull City would enter the UEFA Europa League and the 26-year-old is excited at that possibility: “We are really looking forward to [the chance of] playing in Europe too, particularly coming in the first season after we have got promoted. To play a final at Wembley against Arsenal and to go into Europe would be a fantastic opportunity for us to make some great history, and leave us with a huge season.”
Hull City take on Arsenal in the FA Cup final next month on 17 May.