Speaking exclusively to KingFut.com, former Arsenal winger and current coach Robert Pires...
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
- Elneny comes on in Arsenal’s explosive win against West Ham
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley win big at St Andrews
- AWCON: Nigeria emerge as champions of Africa
- Afriyie: I advice Al-Ahly to sign Ebenezer Assifuah
- Spalletti comments on Salah’s absence ahead of Rome Derby
- Kahraba: Fans are the reason behind my performance
- Inzaghi: Mohamed Salah added value to Roma
- Radja Nainggolan: Salah is an important player
- Egypt’s women beat hosts France to reach World Championship final
Elmohamady on the verge of making history in the FA Cup
Elmo became the first Egyptian to feature in a semi-final and could become the first to appear in the final of the 143-year-old competition. The wing-back helped his side overcome Sheffield United in a dramatic 5-3 win but the Tigers looked in danger of heading out of the competition at half-time being 2-1 down. However, second-half goals from Matty Fryatt, Tom Huddlestone, Stephen Quinn and David Meyler booking their place in the finale.
Speaking after the match, Elmo said: “I am the first Egyptian player to play in a semi-final at Wembley and now in the final as well, it will be fantastic. I’m very proud. Everyone [back home] watched the game today and I think everyone is happy we have made it into the final.”
Should Arsenal finish fourth in the Premier League Hull City would enter the UEFA Europa League and the 26-year-old is excited at that possibility: “We are really looking forward to [the chance of] playing in Europe too, particularly coming in the first season after we have got promoted. To play a final at Wembley against Arsenal and to go into Europe would be a fantastic opportunity for us to make some great history, and leave us with a huge season.”
Hull City take on Arsenal in the FA Cup final next month on 17 May.