KingFut continues to round up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup...
- AFCON Roundup: Surprising results in Group C
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
Al Ahly ’97 side defeat Spanish giants Atlético Madrid
Al Ahly’s 1997 side beat their Atlético Madrid counterparts 3-2 in a game that was played on Monday in the second round of the Sheikh Zayed Youth Tournament.
The Young Red Devils jumped to second place in the standings of the Sheikh Zayed Youth Tournament after defeating Atlético Madrid’s youth in a game that witnessed a strong performance from both sides on the Military Sports Education Centre Ground in Abu Dhabi.
Six teams are currently participating in the 14th Edition of the Zayed Youth Tournament, Ahly and Zamalek representing Egypt, Moroccan giants Raja Casablanca, Brazilian giants Botafogo, Atlético Madrid from Spain and Al Wehda from the host country UAE.
The team led by former midfielder Samy Komsan, played out a 3-3 tie with Raja Casablanca’s youth team on Saturday in the tournament’s opening game. After two games, the team is currently in second place with 4 points while Botafogo are on top with 6 points.