Iraqi side Al-Shorta have terminated the contract of Egyptian manager Mohamed Youssef by mutual...
- OFFICIAL: Mohamed Youssef leaves Al Shorta by mutual consent
- Ahmed Hassan: Salah has surpassed every Egyptian player
- Ahmed Hassan hopes prayers will stop Buffon from breaking his record
- Stoke City CEO: Ramadan’s success opens door for other young signings
- Zlatko Dalić reveals two reasons standing in his way from coaching Zamalek
- Al Ahly: Hefty fines awaiting players breaching media ban
- Al Masry train on Port Said Stadium for first time since 2012 massacre
- Adebayor: Egypt are getting closer to reaching World Cup
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
Al Ahly ’97 side defeat Spanish giants Atlético Madrid
Al Ahly’s 1997 side beat their Atlético Madrid counterparts 3-2 in a game that was played on Monday in the second round of the Sheikh Zayed Youth Tournament.
The Young Red Devils jumped to second place in the standings of the Sheikh Zayed Youth Tournament after defeating Atlético Madrid’s youth in a game that witnessed a strong performance from both sides on the Military Sports Education Centre Ground in Abu Dhabi.
Six teams are currently participating in the 14th Edition of the Zayed Youth Tournament, Ahly and Zamalek representing Egypt, Moroccan giants Raja Casablanca, Brazilian giants Botafogo, Atlético Madrid from Spain and Al Wehda from the host country UAE.
The team led by former midfielder Samy Komsan, played out a 3-3 tie with Raja Casablanca’s youth team on Saturday in the tournament’s opening game. After two games, the team is currently in second place with 4 points while Botafogo are on top with 6 points.