Mohamed Sanad’s Club Balonmano Naturhouse La Rioja beat Macedonian HC Metalrug to qualify to champions...
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
- Mansour: Zamalek won’t continue the league
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
- Baldissoni: We have no intention to replace Salah
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
Al Ahly top Group A with hard-fought win over Arab Contractors
The Red Devils fully made use of Smouha’s 2-0 loss on Monday against Entag Al Harby, jumping to top of Group A once again.
Al Ahly’s starting XI: Sherif Ekramy – Ahmed Fathi – Mohamed Nagiub – Saad El-Din Samir – Ahmed Shedid Kenawy – Hossam Ashour – Rami Rabia – Ahmed Nabil ‘Manga’ – Abdallah El-Said – Moussa Yedan – Ahmed Raouf.
Arab Contractors’ starting XI: Hassan Shaheen – Tigana Shamselden – Mahmoud Ezzat – Bassem Ali – Ali Fathi – Mohamed Sosta – Mohamed Adel – Mohamed Khalaf – Mohamed Farouk – Mohamed Fadl – Mohamed Rizk.
The game was cagey at the start of the first half with few chances threatening Mohamed Shahin and Sherif Ekramy respectively.
Moussa Yedan, who has cemented his place in the Red Devils’ line-up was fairly active on the left-hand side but his crosses were kept out really well by Mohamed Radwan’s men.
In the 33rd minute, Manga was fouled after receiving a good pass from Abdallah El-Said while Al Ahly were on the counter, the resulting free-kick from Abdallah El-Said however, went well over the bar.
At the end of the half, Arab Contractors had the chance to go ahead when a free-kick was awarded to them from a dangerous area.
The resulting free-kick from Ali Fathi was struck really well, but Sherif Ekramy got a hand to it to take it out for a corner.
Ahmed Raouf was unlucky not to put the Red Castle ahead in 69th minute when his header hit the post, and his header on the rebound went inches wide of the post.
In the 83rd minute, Raouf missed a great chance; one-on-one with Shaheen, the former ENPPI man parried his finish wide.
Three minutes before full time, Rami Rabia scored a peach of a goal after some great link-up play between the former U-20 international and El-Sayed Hamdy.
The Mountain Wolves had the chance to equalise late on through a free-kick, but Ali Fathi’s free-kick went over the bar.