South Africa’s Minister of Sport and Recreation Fikiler Mbalula has expressed his discontent...
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Zamalek legend Hazem Emam says winning African title ‘not impossible’
- Egypt’s assistant coach says Pharaohs won’t rely on history
- Sada Cruzeiro beat El-Gaish in Volleyball Club World Championship
Egyptian Premier League Roundup: GROUP A Matchday 17
Egyptian Premier League Roundup is back with a bang as another matchday has come to a close in Group A, leaving all the viewers scratching their heads. The semi-final race has just reached an unprecedented zenith, and it shows no signs of stopping, while the relegation battle has reached its climax.
Dakhleya 0-0 Ittihad of Alexandria
Both sides with different objectives. Ittihad playing it our for a semi-final berth, while Dakhleya are attempting to avoid the drop despite being five points clear. However, Denis Lavagne’s men failed to break down the Ministry of Interior outfit, in fact Alaa Abdel-Aal’s men could’ve grabbed all three points, and came close to scoring on more than one occasion.
Smouha 0-2 Entag El-Harby
Group A surprise-package Smouha succumbed to defeat against Ismail Youssef’s men at the Alexandria Stadium. Bassem Morsy put the Military side ahead with a well-placed header, before getting his head on Ahmed Shaaban’s absolute screamer late on to ensure all three points.
ENPPI 0-1 Misr El-Maqassa
The Petroleum side are in jeopardy. Tipped by five our KingFut writers to reach the semi-finals of the league this season, ENPPI are now competing for survival. Misr El-Maqassa managed to rub salt into the wounds, former Al Ahly man Ramy Adel scored a long range screamer which brought joy to Tarek Yehia’s men, as ENPPI failed to react, continuing their dismal run of form.
Al-Ragaa 1-2 El-Gouna
What has happened to El-Gouna? Only a month ago we were talking about the side as if they have been relegated, now they’re six points clear of Entag El-Harby in 10th. Al-Ragaa on the other hand are struggling to deal with life in the top flight. Mahmoud El-Sayed put the visitors ahead with a fantastic volley, before Mohamed Said made it 1-1. Late on, the returning Sherif Ashraf made it 2-1 to secure all three points.
Al Ahly 1-0 Arab Contractors
Rami Rabia’s late stunner secured all three points for the Red Castle and subsequently put them top of the table after Smouha’s loss. The Red Devils were well on top during the game, however Arab Contractors made life hard for the Red Devils with their compact defending.
Matchday 17 Fixtures to be Played:
- Al Qanah vs Wadi Degla
- Ittihad El-Shorta vs Haras El-Hodood
- Al Masry vs Tala’a El-Gaish
- Zamalek vs El Minya