Al Ahly manager Hossam El-Badry has announced his 22-man squad to face...
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
VIDEO: El-Nenny scores first goal as FC Basel down FC Zürich
El-Nenny scores as FC Basel claimed an important win over FC Zürich in the 30th round of the Raiffeisen Super League.
The game kicked off with FC Basel taking only eight minutes to find the back of the net as Marco Streller set up Giovanni Sio to score. Shortly after, Streller was taken off due to an injury as Delgado came on to replace him.
It only took two minutes for Valentin Stocker to double Basel’s lead after he came on for Davide Calla in the 63rd minute. The game looked practically wrapped up when Sio scored again for the holding champions only five minutes later.
FC Zürich pulled two goals back in a matter of five minutes as the game looked to be moving out of FC Basel’s reach. However, Basel were given a chance to end the game as last man Loris Benito fouled Stocker for a penalty and a red card.
Frei initially missed the penalty, but El-Nenny latched onto the rebound; sealing the win with his first-ever goal for the current Raiffeisen Super League leaders.
As second placed Grasshoppers lost 4-0 to Thun today, Basel now find themselves well in the lead with four points as six games remain until the season ends.