Mohamed Salah scored a brace for his Roma side, who comfortably handled...
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Tanta clash
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
VIDEO: El-Nenny scores first goal as FC Basel down FC Zürich
El-Nenny scores as FC Basel claimed an important win over FC Zürich in the 30th round of the Raiffeisen Super League.
In an exciting game that saw the ball hit the back of the net six times, El-Nenny scored his first-ever goal for FC Basel since joining the Swiss outfit in last season’s winter transfer window.
The game kicked off with FC Basel taking only eight minutes to find the back of the net as Marco Streller set up Giovanni Sio to score. Shortly after, Streller was taken off due to an injury as Delgado came on to replace him.
It only took two minutes for Valentin Stocker to double Basel’s lead after he came on for Davide Calla in the 63rd minute. The game looked practically wrapped up when Sio scored again for the holding champions only five minutes later.
FC Zürich pulled two goals back in a matter of five minutes as the game looked to be moving out of FC Basel’s reach. However, Basel were given a chance to end the game as last man Loris Benito fouled Stocker for a penalty and a red card.
Frei initially missed the penalty, but El-Nenny latched onto the rebound; sealing the win with his first-ever goal for the current Raiffeisen Super League leaders.
As second placed Grasshoppers lost 4-0 to Thun today, Basel now find themselves well in the lead with four points as six games remain until the season ends.