KingFut rounds up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup of...
- AFCON Roundup: Tunisia reach quarter finals, Algeria eliminated
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
VIDEO: El-Nenny scores first goal as FC Basel down FC Zürich
El-Nenny scores as FC Basel claimed an important win over FC Zürich in the 30th round of the Raiffeisen Super League.
In an exciting game that saw the ball hit the back of the net six times, El-Nenny scored his first-ever goal for FC Basel since joining the Swiss outfit in last season’s winter transfer window.
The game kicked off with FC Basel taking only eight minutes to find the back of the net as Marco Streller set up Giovanni Sio to score. Shortly after, Streller was taken off due to an injury as Delgado came on to replace him.
It only took two minutes for Valentin Stocker to double Basel’s lead after he came on for Davide Calla in the 63rd minute. The game looked practically wrapped up when Sio scored again for the holding champions only five minutes later.
FC Zürich pulled two goals back in a matter of five minutes as the game looked to be moving out of FC Basel’s reach. However, Basel were given a chance to end the game as last man Loris Benito fouled Stocker for a penalty and a red card.
Frei initially missed the penalty, but El-Nenny latched onto the rebound; sealing the win with his first-ever goal for the current Raiffeisen Super League leaders.
As second placed Grasshoppers lost 4-0 to Thun today, Basel now find themselves well in the lead with four points as six games remain until the season ends.