Al Ahly have revealed an official request from Spanish club Villarreal CF...
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
VIDEO: Ramadan Sobhy shines as Al Ahly U-17s thrash Brazil’s Botafogo 4-0 in friendly tournament
Al Ahly’s U-17 side pulled off another impressive win in the Sheikh Zayed Youth tournament with a 4-0 thrashing of Brazil’s Botafogo.
The Red Devils’ 1997 team, who managed to pull off a massive upset with a 3-2 win against Atlético Madrid a few days ago, defeated Brazilian side Botafogo 4-0 in Abu Dhabi on Wednesday.
Karim Walid scored a spectacular lobbed-header over the Brazilian goalkeeeper to open the scoring after 44 minutes.
Eleven minutes later, Walid doubled his tally with a strike right in between the keeper’s legs following a superb through ball from Ramadan Sobhy.
Sobhy, who impressed on his senior debut for Al Ahly just over two months ago, was involved in the third goal which was scored by Nasser Maher before netting the fourth with a spectacular free-kick to complete the rout.
Zamalek narrowly lost 3-2 to Botafogo on Monday, but a goal from Saad Gamal gave the Whites their first three points in the tournament against hosts Al-Wahda last night.