Argentina and Barcelona legend Lionel Messi is set to visit Egypt on...
- Messi to visit Egypt for medical campaign
- Egypt U-20 defeat Kenya 3-2 in friendly ahead of AFCON
- Hossam Hassan: Africa believes in sorcery
- AFCON MVP Christian Bassogog moves to China
- Egypt court upholds 10 death sentences in Port Said stadium massacre
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
- AS Roma star Mohamed Salah: I’m happy to be back
- Talaat Youssef leads Al-Ahli Tripoli to CAF Champions League round of 32
- Egypt opponents Mali announce U-20 AFCON squad
- Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica down Braga
VIDEO: Ramadan Sobhy shines as Al Ahly U-17s thrash Brazil’s Botafogo 4-0 in friendly tournament
Al Ahly’s U-17 side pulled off another impressive win in the Sheikh Zayed Youth tournament with a 4-0 thrashing of Brazil’s Botafogo.
The Red Devils’ 1997 team, who managed to pull off a massive upset with a 3-2 win against Atlético Madrid a few days ago, defeated Brazilian side Botafogo 4-0 in Abu Dhabi on Wednesday.
Karim Walid scored a spectacular lobbed-header over the Brazilian goalkeeeper to open the scoring after 44 minutes.
Eleven minutes later, Walid doubled his tally with a strike right in between the keeper’s legs following a superb through ball from Ramadan Sobhy.
Sobhy, who impressed on his senior debut for Al Ahly just over two months ago, was involved in the third goal which was scored by Nasser Maher before netting the fourth with a spectacular free-kick to complete the rout.
Zamalek narrowly lost 3-2 to Botafogo on Monday, but a goal from Saad Gamal gave the Whites their first three points in the tournament against hosts Al-Wahda last night.