Egypt international Mohamed Abdel-Shafy played the full 90 minutes as Al Ahli...
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
- Yannick Bolasie sidelined for a year after suffering knee injury
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
VIDEO: Ramadan Sobhy shines as Al Ahly U-17s thrash Brazil’s Botafogo 4-0 in friendly tournament
Al Ahly’s U-17 side pulled off another impressive win in the Sheikh Zayed Youth tournament with a 4-0 thrashing of Brazil’s Botafogo.
The Red Devils’ 1997 team, who managed to pull off a massive upset with a 3-2 win against Atlético Madrid a few days ago, defeated Brazilian side Botafogo 4-0 in Abu Dhabi on Wednesday.
Karim Walid scored a spectacular lobbed-header over the Brazilian goalkeeeper to open the scoring after 44 minutes.
Eleven minutes later, Walid doubled his tally with a strike right in between the keeper’s legs following a superb through ball from Ramadan Sobhy.
Sobhy, who impressed on his senior debut for Al Ahly just over two months ago, was involved in the third goal which was scored by Nasser Maher before netting the fourth with a spectacular free-kick to complete the rout.
Zamalek narrowly lost 3-2 to Botafogo on Monday, but a goal from Saad Gamal gave the Whites their first three points in the tournament against hosts Al-Wahda last night.