The draws for Egyptian sides Al Ahly and Zamalek in CAF Champions...
- Al Ahly, Zamalek opponents in CAFCL group stages revealed
- Smouha in Group C as CAFCC draw announced
- Dodo El-Gabbas scores and assists in Lierse win over Union SG
- Ramadan Sobhi reveals effect of AFCON on Stoke career
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
Egypt turns down Colombia test
Egypt has rejected an offer to play South American powerhouse Colombia in an international friendly, according to manager Shawky Gharib.
In a statement to reporters on Friday, Gharib cited a busy schedule and the risk of player exhaustion if the June 7 match went ahead.
Egypt will take on Chile in a friendly eight days prior in Santiago. Cairo giants Zamalek – whose players comprise a sizeable portion of Egypt’s national team – may also have African Champions League commitments on or around the proposed date.
Egypt has also received a request from China to play friendlies on June 19 and 22.