Al Ahly striker Souleymane Coulibaly was pleased with his performance against Sokar El-Hawamdia...
- Coulibaly pleased with friendly performance, seeks playing time
- Volleyball: Al Ahly through to African Club Championship final
- Mortada Mansour confirms offers for Kahraba, Hamed and Gabr
- Al Ahly legend Manuel José announces retirement from football
- Egypt test goal-line officials during Zamalek friendly
- Hector Cuper: Reaching World Cup is our main target
- CAF secretary general Hicham El Amrani resigns
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
- CAF names referees for Al Masry Confederation Cup playoff match
Egypt turns down Colombia test
Egypt has rejected an offer to play South American powerhouse Colombia in an international friendly, according to manager Shawky Gharib.
In a statement to reporters on Friday, Gharib cited a busy schedule and the risk of player exhaustion if the June 7 match went ahead.
Egypt will take on Chile in a friendly eight days prior in Santiago. Cairo giants Zamalek – whose players comprise a sizeable portion of Egypt’s national team – may also have African Champions League commitments on or around the proposed date.
Egypt has also received a request from China to play friendlies on June 19 and 22.