Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary has issued an apology to everyone at...
- El-Hadary: I apologise to everyone at Wadi Degla
- El-Hadary: I may leave Wadi Degla now or at the end of this season
- Former teammate talks about ‘scissors’ incident between Mido and Zlatan
- Roma advance in Europa League despite losing to Villarreal
- VIDEO: Amr Gamal ends goal drought in Al Ahly win over Degla
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
Ghazal and Gomaa’s Nacional secure Europa League spot
A very important match for both teams, as Paços de Ferreira is fighting for their place in the league and Nacional needed to secure their European spot.
With Gomaa out of the game due to suspension and Ghazal starting, the match began at a fast pace, with chances coming from both sides. Djaniny had a couple of chances go wide of goal and investing in the counter-attack, whilst Paços made several offensive maneuvers but without clear-cut chances.
At the 31st minute, Nacional took the lead. Candeias took the corner and Miguel Rodrigues found himself isolated inside the box and simply headed the ball into the back of Degra’s net.
After the goal, Nacional kept pressing, but Djaniny was not inspired and Candeias also failed to score. In the very end of the second half, Paços had three good opportunities from Sérgio Oliveira and Yonathan Del Valee, all saved by goalkeeper Gottardi.
In the second half, Nacional put the pedal to the medal, and making the best of Ricardo’s mistake, Mário Rondón found himself alone with Degra and simply placed the ball past the goalkeeper in the 50th minute.
From that point on, it was all Nacional. Just nine minutes later, Flávio Boaventura tripped Claudemir inside the box. Claudemir himself stepped up and beat Degra easily.
At the 71st minute, Rondón got his brace, after finding himself alone inside the box and heading the ball in. With Paços completely down and out, Rondón got his hat-trick in the 86th minute.
Nacional managed secure their spot in the Europa League next season, leaving out teams such as Marítimo and Sporting Braga.
Only two games remain for Nacional, against Shikabala’s Sporting Lisbon at home and the final match will be away at Gil Vicente.