Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary has issued an apology to everyone at...
- El-Hadary: I apologise to everyone at Wadi Degla
- El-Hadary: I may leave Wadi Degla now or at the end of this season
- Former teammate talks about ‘scissors’ incident between Mido and Zlatan
- Roma advance in Europa League despite losing to Villarreal
- VIDEO: Amr Gamal ends goal drought in Al Ahly win over Degla
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
El-Nenny’s Basel lose in Swiss Cup final
El-Nenny played the full 120 minutes in FC Basel’s cup final tie with FC Zurich, after scoring his first goal with the Swiss champions against them on Wednesday night.
The game could be described as a battle as there was a total of seven yellow cards, a direct red card and two sending offs in a matter of 120 minutes – El-Nenny received a yellow in the 62nd minute.
The first 90 minutes of the night were goalless as both teams went into extra time without scoring. However, FC Basel finished the 90 minutes at a disadvantage as Gaston Sauro received a direct red card in the 66th minute.
Nine minutes into extra time, FC Basel became at a further disadvantage as Giovanni Sio received his second booking of the night and was subsequently sent off.
It only took FC Zurich one minute to capitalize on their two man advantage, Marco Gavranovic put them ahead in the 100th minute before Gavranovic found the back of the net yet again a few minutes later to seal the cup win for Zurich.
FC Zurich successfully avenged their 4-2 loss in the league only a week prior to this game to take the silverware home. Nonetheless, FC Basel’s last league win could prove more important as the holding champions are now topping the table with four points above second-placed Grasshoppers – with only six rounds remaining.