Belgian manager Georges Leekens has been appointed coach of the Algerian national...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
VIDEO: Egypt-eligible Sabri Khattab scores excellent long-range lob in Norway
Sabri Khattab scored an excellent lob from over 30 yards to help Norwegian side Bryne FK earn their first point of the season.
Norwegian-born Egyptian midfielder Sabri Khattab scored the only goal for second division side Bryne FK in a 1-1 draw at Ranheim on Monday.
24-year-old Khattab took advantage of an extremely poor clearance from the opposition goalkeeper – who found himself stranded outside of his own box – by quickly lobbing the ball from over 30 yards to open the scoring 15 minutes into the game.
The home side equalized just before the hour mark, but despite the continuous pressure, both teams settled for a point each.
This point was Bryne’s first after three games, and Khattab’s first goal of the season.
Watch a compilation of Sabri Khattab’s highlights in Norway below…