Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
Emad Meteb arrested after a scuffle with a police officer
Emad Meteb, who has 67 international caps under his name, was reportedly engaged in a fight with a police officer, after the former refused to remove his incorrectly parked vehicle. The problem escalated quickly when the Egypt international striker took a handgun out to threaten the local police officer.
Meteb was escorted by the police officers to the nearest police station, as he managed to call some of Al Ahly’s board members to help him out. However, the police officer refused to withdraw the case after personal apologies from the player. The case now will be fully investigated by the Attorney General.
It’s well worth mentioning that Meteb has been sidelined since the start of the season following a recurring back injury.