Al Ahly football manager Sayed Abdel-Hafiz announced the team’s CAF Champions League...
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
- Ekramy leaves Egypt training session because of hamstring injury
- AFCON Roundup: Group A teams share spoils
- EXCLUSIVE: Chinese club in negotiations to sign Aly Ghazal
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Sam Morsy features, Lierse draw
- Zamalek and Ismaily handed transfer bans
Emad Meteb arrested after a scuffle with a police officer
Emad Meteb, who has 67 international caps under his name, was reportedly engaged in a fight with a police officer, after the former refused to remove his incorrectly parked vehicle. The problem escalated quickly when the Egypt international striker took a handgun out to threaten the local police officer.
Meteb was escorted by the police officers to the nearest police station, as he managed to call some of Al Ahly’s board members to help him out. However, the police officer refused to withdraw the case after personal apologies from the player. The case now will be fully investigated by the Attorney General.
It’s well worth mentioning that Meteb has been sidelined since the start of the season following a recurring back injury.