Egypt’s Mohamed Elneny seems happy and satisfied with his role and achievements with...
- Elneny: The past 11 months have been the best of my life
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
- Yannick Bolasie sidelined for a year after suffering knee injury
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
Emad Meteb arrested after a scuffle with a police officer
Emad Meteb, who has 67 international caps under his name, was reportedly engaged in a fight with a police officer, after the former refused to remove his incorrectly parked vehicle. The problem escalated quickly when the Egypt international striker took a handgun out to threaten the local police officer.
Meteb was escorted by the police officers to the nearest police station, as he managed to call some of Al Ahly’s board members to help him out. However, the police officer refused to withdraw the case after personal apologies from the player. The case now will be fully investigated by the Attorney General.
It’s well worth mentioning that Meteb has been sidelined since the start of the season following a recurring back injury.