Zamalek Chairman Mortada Mansour has sent out a message to several top...
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
- Abou-Rida hopes EFA crises won’t affect national team
- Egypt’s national team director discusses squad changes
- Mido: African football will not move forward with referees like Lamptey
- Massimo Busacca tutors Egyptian officials on video assistance technology
- Volleyball: Red Devils beat Ahli Benghazi 3-1 in African Club Championship
Emad Meteb arrested after a scuffle with a police officer
Emad Meteb, who has 67 international caps under his name, was reportedly engaged in a fight with a police officer, after the former refused to remove his incorrectly parked vehicle. The problem escalated quickly when the Egypt international striker took a handgun out to threaten the local police officer.
Meteb was escorted by the police officers to the nearest police station, as he managed to call some of Al Ahly’s board members to help him out. However, the police officer refused to withdraw the case after personal apologies from the player. The case now will be fully investigated by the Attorney General.
It’s well worth mentioning that Meteb has been sidelined since the start of the season following a recurring back injury.