Saad Samir capitalized on a bizarre error from goalkeeper Mohamed Abou-Gabal as...
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
Ramadan Sobhy among three Al Ahly youth players Atlético Madrid show interest in
Atlético Madrid’s youth team coach requested three players from Al Ahly’s 1997 youth team, who just participated in the Sheikh Zayed friendly tournament in the UAE.
The Spanish team’s youth coach has shown interest in three players from Al Ahly’s U-17 team: Ramadan Sobhy, who is already being tipped as Ab0u-Treika’s successor, Karim Walid ‘Nedved’ and Maher Nasser.
Atlético reportedly requested that the Ahly trio travel to Spain to spend a trial period with the famous Madrid-based club over the possibility of joining the team.
Sayed Abdel-Hafiz, Al Ahly’s director of football, welcomed the offer from the Spanish giants, if their interest is serious.
“The club won’t put any obstacles for the player if the offer is serious and we’ll agree on financial details,” Abdel-Hafiz stated on the Sada El Balad TV program.
The team had one draw with Raja Casablanca 3-3 but ended the tournament with a loss against rivals Zamalek, 3-1.
It is worth noting that Ramadan Sobhy already made his professional debut for Al Ahly’s senior side earlier this year against Ghazl El-Mahalla.