Ghanaian midfielder Sulley Muntari returns to Italy after completing a deal to...
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
Ramadan Sobhy among three Al Ahly youth players Atlético Madrid show interest in
Atlético Madrid’s youth team coach requested three players from Al Ahly’s 1997 youth team, who just participated in the Sheikh Zayed friendly tournament in the UAE.
The Spanish team’s youth coach has shown interest in three players from Al Ahly’s U-17 team: Ramadan Sobhy, who is already being tipped as Ab0u-Treika’s successor, Karim Walid ‘Nedved’ and Maher Nasser.
Atlético reportedly requested that the Ahly trio travel to Spain to spend a trial period with the famous Madrid-based club over the possibility of joining the team.
Sayed Abdel-Hafiz, Al Ahly’s director of football, welcomed the offer from the Spanish giants, if their interest is serious.
“The club won’t put any obstacles for the player if the offer is serious and we’ll agree on financial details,” Abdel-Hafiz stated on the Sada El Balad TV program.
The team had one draw with Raja Casablanca 3-3 but ended the tournament with a loss against rivals Zamalek, 3-1.
It is worth noting that Ramadan Sobhy already made his professional debut for Al Ahly’s senior side earlier this year against Ghazl El-Mahalla.