Egypt’s Minister of Youth and Sports Khaled Abdel-Aziz has officially approved on...
- Sports ministry approves establishment of Egyptian Rugby Union
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Trezeguet features as Genk thrash Mouscron
- Egypt’s Amr Warda scores first goal with PAOK
- Hossam El-Badry denies Ali Maaloul departure rumors
- Gennesh excluded as Incaio announces Zamalek squad for Al Masry clash
- Handball: Al Ahly win Africa Cup Winners’ Cup Championship
- Gaber starts in thrilling 2-2 draw against Vaduz
- Ramadan Sobhi’s Stoke fall 2-0 to Swansea City
- 10-man Hull City cruise past Watford with ease
- Wadi Degla women crowned Egypt Cup champions
Ramadan Sobhy among three Al Ahly youth players Atlético Madrid show interest in
Atlético Madrid’s youth team coach requested three players from Al Ahly’s 1997 youth team, who just participated in the Sheikh Zayed friendly tournament in the UAE.
The Spanish team’s youth coach has shown interest in three players from Al Ahly’s U-17 team: Ramadan Sobhy, who is already being tipped as Ab0u-Treika’s successor, Karim Walid ‘Nedved’ and Maher Nasser.
Atlético reportedly requested that the Ahly trio travel to Spain to spend a trial period with the famous Madrid-based club over the possibility of joining the team.
Sayed Abdel-Hafiz, Al Ahly’s director of football, welcomed the offer from the Spanish giants, if their interest is serious.
“The club won’t put any obstacles for the player if the offer is serious and we’ll agree on financial details,” Abdel-Hafiz stated on the Sada El Balad TV program.
The team had one draw with Raja Casablanca 3-3 but ended the tournament with a loss against rivals Zamalek, 3-1.
It is worth noting that Ramadan Sobhy already made his professional debut for Al Ahly’s senior side earlier this year against Ghazl El-Mahalla.