Zimbabwean forward, Khamat Billiat, is glad that he stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns...
- Sanad’s La Rioja defeat Metalurg Handball in EHF Champions League
- Edin Dzeko talks about Mohamed Salah and regained form
- Khama Billiat glad to have stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns
- Sundowns midfielder Keagan Dolly: Hard work pays off
- EXCLUSIVE | ZESCO star Clatous Chama on the verge of joining Ittihad of Alexandria
- Egypt draw Zambia and Mali in U-20 Africa Cup of Nations
- OFFICIAL: 75,000 allowed to attend Egypt qualifier against Ghana
- Momen Soliman: the best team won and Fathi could leave in January
- Pitso Mosimane targets Zamalek duo ahead of FIFA Club World Cup
- Mortada Mansour: ‘Magic and sorcery’ cost us
Gamal Allam: Fans will attend league semi-finals
Egyptian FA president Gamal Allam has said that Minister of Interior, General Mohamed Ibrahim, has promised that fans will be allowed to attend the Egyptian Premier League semi-finals.
It is also worth noting that fans have been forbidden from going to league games since the Port Said disaster in early February of 2012.
In an interview with Shabab Wel Reyada radio station, Allam said that he’s adamant that fans will be allowed to attend the Egyptian Premier League semi-finals.
“The Minister is willing to let fans attend games again,” he began. “Fans will be allowed back into the stands as soon as the finals start.
“There will be several meetings with the security forces, the ultra groups, and club representatives in order to ensure that the fans’ return is a successful one.
When asked about the number of spectators that will be allowed to attend, Allam said that the exact number has not been decided yet, while also stating that away fans might not attend.
“We still haven’t decided the exact number of fans that will attend games,” he added. “We also haven’t decided whether the finals will be a single or a double round-robin.
“However, soon all matters will be decided including the decision to allow away fans to attend or not.”
The top two teams of each group qualify to the semi-finals, and the winners will then face-off to determine this year’s Egyptian Premier League champions.