Egyptian referee Gehad Gerisha was nominated for the CAF 2016 Referee of...
- Gerisha nominated for CAF Best Referee of the Year Award
- Sobhi nominated for Most Promising Talent
- Zamalek nominated for CAF Club of the Year award
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores as Al Ittihad come back to defeat Al Faisaly
- De Sciglio: Roma will be dangerous despite missing Mohamed Salah
- Elmohamady features in thrilling 3-3 draw against Crystal Palace
- Sobhi features, with Elneny an unused substitute in Arsenal’s 3-1 win
- Barnsley narrowly defeat Norwich
- Karim Hafez features in Lens’ 3-1 defeat to Strasbourg
- Elneny: The past 11 months have been the best of my life
Ibrahim Salah re-signs for Zamalek
Defensive midfielder Ibrahim Salah has rejoined Zamalek on a three and a half-year deal.
Following a one-year stay with Saudi Arabian outfit Al Orouba, the Egyptian international has rejoined the Whites on a free transfer in hopes of adding necessary protection in front of a vulnerable defensive line.
The Cairo outfit has had a difficult time closing gaps in the middle of the park with a midfield roster that boasts plenty of attacking potential. Mohamed Ibrahim and Omar Gaber offer creativity and guile in the final third but Ahmed Tawfik and Nour El-Sayed have lacked the natural defensive appetite to balance the squad. Mido has even tried to play left-back Ahmed Samir Farag out of position to anchor the midfield, unsuccessfully.
Salah had several offers before joining Zamalek, including one from England’s Sheffield United.
Zamalek coaching staff and supporters alike will hope Salah will slot in seamlessly as the Club looks toward securing a top-two finish in Group B after the discouraging defeat against Petrojet on Tuesday.