Egypt’s Amr Warda has been voted as PAOK’s best player as he...
- Warda voted Man of The Match in PAOK’s win over Veria
- Ahmed Nagy: El-Hadary will go to the World Cup
- Former Enugu Rangers coach: Zamalek are not invincible
- Le Havre’s Taher Mohamed to play just 2 matches at U-20 AFCON
- Mohamed Abdelshafy features as Al Ahli beat Bunyodkor
- Ifeanyi Ubah: Al Masry scored through a controversial penalty
- Lionel Messi speaks about Egypt’s greatness and pyramids
- Cameroon announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
Ibrahim Salah re-signs for Zamalek
Defensive midfielder Ibrahim Salah has rejoined Zamalek on a three and a half-year deal.
Following a one-year stay with Saudi Arabian outfit Al Orouba, the Egyptian international has rejoined the Whites on a free transfer in hopes of adding necessary protection in front of a vulnerable defensive line.
The Cairo outfit has had a difficult time closing gaps in the middle of the park with a midfield roster that boasts plenty of attacking potential. Mohamed Ibrahim and Omar Gaber offer creativity and guile in the final third but Ahmed Tawfik and Nour El-Sayed have lacked the natural defensive appetite to balance the squad. Mido has even tried to play left-back Ahmed Samir Farag out of position to anchor the midfield, unsuccessfully.
Salah had several offers before joining Zamalek, including one from England’s Sheffield United.
Zamalek coaching staff and supporters alike will hope Salah will slot in seamlessly as the Club looks toward securing a top-two finish in Group B after the discouraging defeat against Petrojet on Tuesday.