Belgian manager Georges Leekens has been appointed coach of the Algerian national...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
Egypt draw Tunisia and Senegal in tough AFCON 2015 qualifying group
Egypt draw Tunisia and Senegal in a tough looking Group G ahead of the 2015 African Cup of Nations qualifiers.
The African Cup of Nations 2015 qualifying draw has seen the Pharaohs drawn in a group with Tunisia, Senegal and one of the preliminary teams: Burundi, Botswana, Guinea Bissau and Central African Republic.
The draw was conducted on Sunday morning at the CAF Headquarters in Cairo as Egyptian legend Hassan Shehata took to the stage to conduct the draw for the tournament in Morocco next year.
The preliminary round games kick off on the weekend 16/17/18 of May and the group stage games after the World Cup at the end of July.
Egypt under the management of Shawky Gharib will be hoping to qualify for the tournament despite the tough draw after missing out on the 2012 and 2013 editions held in Gabon/Equatorial Guinea and South Africa respectively.
The Pharaohs will kick off their 2015 qualifying campaign on the 5th or 6th of September when they travel to Dakar to face Senegal.