Elneny was an usused substitute for Arsenal, while Ramadan Sobhi featured for...
- Sobhi features, with Elneny an unused substitute in Arsenal’s 3-1 win
- Barnsley narrowly defeat Norwich
- Karim Hafez features in Lens’ 3-1 defeat to Strasbourg
- Elneny: The past 11 months have been the best of my life
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
Egypt draw Tunisia and Senegal in tough AFCON 2015 qualifying group
Egypt draw Tunisia and Senegal in a tough looking Group G ahead of the 2015 African Cup of Nations qualifiers.
The African Cup of Nations 2015 qualifying draw has seen the Pharaohs drawn in a group with Tunisia, Senegal and one of the preliminary teams: Burundi, Botswana, Guinea Bissau and Central African Republic.
The draw was conducted on Sunday morning at the CAF Headquarters in Cairo as Egyptian legend Hassan Shehata took to the stage to conduct the draw for the tournament in Morocco next year.
The preliminary round games kick off on the weekend 16/17/18 of May and the group stage games after the World Cup at the end of July.
Egypt under the management of Shawky Gharib will be hoping to qualify for the tournament despite the tough draw after missing out on the 2012 and 2013 editions held in Gabon/Equatorial Guinea and South Africa respectively.
The Pharaohs will kick off their 2015 qualifying campaign on the 5th or 6th of September when they travel to Dakar to face Senegal.