KingFut rounds up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup of...
- AFCON Roundup: Tunisia reach quarter finals, Algeria eliminated
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
Egypt draw Tunisia and Senegal in tough AFCON 2015 qualifying group
The African Cup of Nations 2015 qualifying draw has seen the Pharaohs drawn in a group with Tunisia, Senegal and one of the preliminary teams: Burundi, Botswana, Guinea Bissau and Central African Republic.
The draw was conducted on Sunday morning at the CAF Headquarters in Cairo as Egyptian legend Hassan Shehata took to the stage to conduct the draw for the tournament in Morocco next year.
The preliminary round games kick off on the weekend 16/17/18 of May and the group stage games after the World Cup at the end of July.
Egypt under the management of Shawky Gharib will be hoping to qualify for the tournament despite the tough draw after missing out on the 2012 and 2013 editions held in Gabon/Equatorial Guinea and South Africa respectively.
The Pharaohs will kick off their 2015 qualifying campaign on the 5th or 6th of September when they travel to Dakar to face Senegal.