The Egyptian national team has been valued to be the 25th most...
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
- EFA fines El-Maqassa, Al Masry following their league match
- Amr Gamal: Cuper has been supporting me
- Cuper impressed by new faces after Togo win
- Zamalek: New coach issue to be concluded on Saturday
- Handball: Al Ahly reach Cup semis, Zamalek eliminated
- Elmohamady: Egypt closer than ever to reaching World Cup
- Warda vows to fight for regular spot in Egypt squad
- CAF president Ahmad supports Morocco 2026 World Cup bid
Egypt draw Tunisia and Senegal in tough AFCON 2015 qualifying group
The African Cup of Nations 2015 qualifying draw has seen the Pharaohs drawn in a group with Tunisia, Senegal and one of the preliminary teams: Burundi, Botswana, Guinea Bissau and Central African Republic.
The draw was conducted on Sunday morning at the CAF Headquarters in Cairo as Egyptian legend Hassan Shehata took to the stage to conduct the draw for the tournament in Morocco next year.
The preliminary round games kick off on the weekend 16/17/18 of May and the group stage games after the World Cup at the end of July.
Egypt under the management of Shawky Gharib will be hoping to qualify for the tournament despite the tough draw after missing out on the 2012 and 2013 editions held in Gabon/Equatorial Guinea and South Africa respectively.
The Pharaohs will kick off their 2015 qualifying campaign on the 5th or 6th of September when they travel to Dakar to face Senegal.