Roma progressed to the next round of the Europa League despite falling...
- Roma advance in Europa League despite losing to Villarreal
- VIDEO: Amr Gamal ends goal drought in Al Ahly win over Degla
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
Egyptian Luca Badr makes full debut in Lierse win
Louay ‘Luca’ Wael Mohamed Badr is a former Al Ahly academy player who made the move to third division Belgian side KV Turnhout – who are also owned by Maged Samy – before signing for Lierse SK in January.
In Lierse’s game against Waasland-Beveren, the centre-back Badr played alongside fellow Egyptian Ahmed Sayed ‘Zizo’, whilst third Egyptian and Egypt captain Hossam Ghaly wasn’t part of the match day squad.
It was Badr’s second game for Lierse, having came on as an 85th minute substitute in their previous game against KV Oostende.
Lierse went 2-0 down after only six minutes when Renaud Emond scored two goals in quick succession. A hat-trick from Senegalese striker Mbaye Diagne gave Lierse the lead before the Brazilian Wanderson put the scoreline to bed with an injury time goal to make it 4-2.
In the second half, Zizo had an excellent chance to get onto the scoresheet but his shot from inside the box wasn’t hit sweetly enough and went flying over the bar.
Lierse lie in third place out of four teams in the Europa League qualification but they cannot mathematically qualify.
Watch Luca’s interview with Lierse TV: