Desire Oparonozie’s late goal was enough to see the Super Falcons through...
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley win big at St Andrews
- AWCON: Nigeria emerge as champions of Africa
- Afriyie: I advice Al-Ahly to sign Ebenezer Assifuah
- Spalletti comments on Salah’s absence ahead of Rome Derby
- Kahraba: Fans are the reason behind my performance
- Inzaghi: Mohamed Salah added value to Roma
- Radja Nainggolan: Salah is an important player
- Egypt’s women beat hosts France to reach World Championship final
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores brace as Ittihad thrash Ettifaq
- Wenger gives update on Elneny’s condition
Egyptian Luca Badr makes full debut in Lierse win
Louay ‘Luca’ Wael Mohamed Badr is a former Al Ahly academy player who made the move to third division Belgian side KV Turnhout – who are also owned by Maged Samy – before signing for Lierse SK in January.
In Lierse’s game against Waasland-Beveren, the centre-back Badr played alongside fellow Egyptian Ahmed Sayed ‘Zizo’, whilst third Egyptian and Egypt captain Hossam Ghaly wasn’t part of the match day squad.
It was Badr’s second game for Lierse, having came on as an 85th minute substitute in their previous game against KV Oostende.
Lierse went 2-0 down after only six minutes when Renaud Emond scored two goals in quick succession. A hat-trick from Senegalese striker Mbaye Diagne gave Lierse the lead before the Brazilian Wanderson put the scoreline to bed with an injury time goal to make it 4-2.
In the second half, Zizo had an excellent chance to get onto the scoresheet but his shot from inside the box wasn’t hit sweetly enough and went flying over the bar.
Lierse lie in third place out of four teams in the Europa League qualification but they cannot mathematically qualify.
Watch Luca’s interview with Lierse TV: