Zamalek manager Momen Soliman revealed that back-up keeper Mahmoud Abdel-Rehim “Gennesh” will...
- Zamalek manager says back-up keeper Gennesh to start against Sundowns
- Mido gives outrageous vow if Zamalek win CAF Champions League
- Zamalek’s Ibrahim Salah believes nothing is impossible ahead of final showdown
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley finally end winless streak
- Mohamed Elneny features in Arsenal’s goalless draw with Middlesbrough
- RC Lens dominated at home but earn draw against Reims
- Pitso: We can go to the match without training
- Billiat lauds Pitso Mosimane’s methods ahead of Zamalek tie
- Sundowns’ keeper Onyango on Zamalek clash: It’s not done yet
- Emmanuel Amuneke open to managing Zamalek
Egyptian Luca Badr makes full debut in Lierse win
Louay ‘Luca’ Wael Mohamed Badr is a former Al Ahly academy player who made the move to third division Belgian side KV Turnhout – who are also owned by Maged Samy – before signing for Lierse SK in January.
In Lierse’s game against Waasland-Beveren, the centre-back Badr played alongside fellow Egyptian Ahmed Sayed ‘Zizo’, whilst third Egyptian and Egypt captain Hossam Ghaly wasn’t part of the match day squad.
It was Badr’s second game for Lierse, having came on as an 85th minute substitute in their previous game against KV Oostende.
Lierse went 2-0 down after only six minutes when Renaud Emond scored two goals in quick succession. A hat-trick from Senegalese striker Mbaye Diagne gave Lierse the lead before the Brazilian Wanderson put the scoreline to bed with an injury time goal to make it 4-2.
In the second half, Zizo had an excellent chance to get onto the scoresheet but his shot from inside the box wasn’t hit sweetly enough and went flying over the bar.
Lierse lie in third place out of four teams in the Europa League qualification but they cannot mathematically qualify.
Watch Luca’s interview with Lierse TV: