Egyptian referee Gehad Gerisha has been chosen to take part in a...
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
- Messi to visit Egypt for medical campaign
- Egypt U-20 defeat Kenya 3-2 in friendly ahead of AFCON
- Hossam Hassan: Africa believes in sorcery
- AFCON MVP Christian Bassogog moves to China
- Egypt court upholds 10 death sentences in Port Said stadium massacre
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
VIDEO: Four-star Zamalek cruise past Al Qanah
Zamalek: Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed, Yasser Ibrahim, Mahmoud Fathallah, Mohamed Abdel-Shafy, Hazem Emam, Momen Zakaria, Omar Gaber, Mohamed Ibrahim, Ahmed Tawfik, Mostafa Fathy, Ahmed Ali.
Al Qanah XI: Mahmoud Abou El-Seoud, Abdellah Galal, Mohamed Said, Mohamed El-Ziady, Bahaa Magdy, El-Sayed Mahmoud, Mohamed Aly, Ahmed Mohsen, Gharib Fathy ‘Moody’, Walid El-Khediry, Mohamed El-Adly, Dodgi.
Zamalek dominated the game early on, Ahmed Ali unleashed a shot which was saved by Mahmoud Abou El-Seoud.
Two minutes later, Zamalek were awarded a penalty after a cross from Mostafa Fathy was handled by Abdellah Galal.
Mohamed Ibrahim duly gave the Whites the lead when he cooly converted the resulting spot-kick.
The White Knights were awarded another penalty, Mohamed Ibrahim tried to emulate Antonin’s 1976 ‘panenka’ but his penalty hit the crossbar.
The White Castle’s domination continued until the Royals finally scored a second goal through Mahmoud Fathallah, who headed past Abou El-Seoud.
Three minutes into the second half, Mostafa Fathy made it 3-0 when his finish was saved by Abou El-Seoud but much to the youngster’s luck, the ball found its way into the net.
Zamalek sealed the win when substitute Arafa El-Sayed assisted Omar Gaber for the fourth goal five minutes from time.
Al Qanah could’ve scored a consolation late on but Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed saved Dodgi’s effort to end the game with a clean sheet.