Al Ahly have defeated Kenyan side Prisons 3-0 in the quarter-finals of the African...
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
VIDEO: Four-star Zamalek cruise past Al Qanah
Zamalek: Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed, Yasser Ibrahim, Mahmoud Fathallah, Mohamed Abdel-Shafy, Hazem Emam, Momen Zakaria, Omar Gaber, Mohamed Ibrahim, Ahmed Tawfik, Mostafa Fathy, Ahmed Ali.
Al Qanah XI: Mahmoud Abou El-Seoud, Abdellah Galal, Mohamed Said, Mohamed El-Ziady, Bahaa Magdy, El-Sayed Mahmoud, Mohamed Aly, Ahmed Mohsen, Gharib Fathy ‘Moody’, Walid El-Khediry, Mohamed El-Adly, Dodgi.
Zamalek dominated the game early on, Ahmed Ali unleashed a shot which was saved by Mahmoud Abou El-Seoud.
Two minutes later, Zamalek were awarded a penalty after a cross from Mostafa Fathy was handled by Abdellah Galal.
Mohamed Ibrahim duly gave the Whites the lead when he cooly converted the resulting spot-kick.
The White Knights were awarded another penalty, Mohamed Ibrahim tried to emulate Antonin’s 1976 ‘panenka’ but his penalty hit the crossbar.
The White Castle’s domination continued until the Royals finally scored a second goal through Mahmoud Fathallah, who headed past Abou El-Seoud.
Three minutes into the second half, Mostafa Fathy made it 3-0 when his finish was saved by Abou El-Seoud but much to the youngster’s luck, the ball found its way into the net.
Zamalek sealed the win when substitute Arafa El-Sayed assisted Omar Gaber for the fourth goal five minutes from time.
Al Qanah could’ve scored a consolation late on but Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed saved Dodgi’s effort to end the game with a clean sheet.