Al Ahly manager Hossam El-Badry has announced his 22-man squad to face...
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
Al Ahly draw Etoile du Sahel while Zamalek get TP Mazembe
The CAF Confederation Cup and Champions League draw that took place on Tuesday saw Al Ahly draw Etoile du Sahel in Group B of the Confederation Cup, whilst Zamalek drew TP Mazembe in Group A of the CAF Champions League.
Ahmed Raouf’s last gasp goal against Difaa El Jadidi booked the Red Devils a place in the group stage of the CAF Confederation Cup after being eliminated from the Champions League at the hands of Ahly Benghazi.
Al Ahly’s group is as follows:
CAF CONFEDERATION CUP GROUP B
Etoile du Sahel (TUN)
Sewe Sport (CIV)
Zamalek on the other hand are looking for their sixth CAF Champions League trophy, but first have to qualify from a group contained of Congolese rivals TP Mazembe and AS Vita Club, along with Sudanese gianst Al Hilal Omdurman.
CAF CHAMPIONS LEAGUE GROUP A
TP Mazembe (DRC)
Al Hilal Omdurman (SUD)
AS Vita Club (DRC)