Egypt’s Mohamed Safwat was knocked out of Dubai Tennis Championships from the first...
- Monfils eliminates Safwat from Dubai Tennis Championships
- Ahmed Elmohamady: Everything has changed at Hull City
- Al Ahly announce stadium for Bidvest Wits clash
- VIDEO: Holders Zamalek advance to Egypt Cup quarters
- SQUASH: El-Shorbagy brothers to meet in Windy City quarter-finals
- Mohamed Elneny starts recovering from his injury
- CAF announce referees for Al Ahly and Zamalek Champions League encounters
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
Al Ahly draw Etoile du Sahel while Zamalek get TP Mazembe
The CAF Confederation Cup and Champions League draw that took place on Tuesday saw Al Ahly draw Etoile du Sahel in Group B of the Confederation Cup, whilst Zamalek drew TP Mazembe in Group A of the CAF Champions League.
Ahmed Raouf’s last gasp goal against Difaa El Jadidi booked the Red Devils a place in the group stage of the CAF Confederation Cup after being eliminated from the Champions League at the hands of Ahly Benghazi.
Al Ahly’s group is as follows:
CAF CONFEDERATION CUP GROUP B
Etoile du Sahel (TUN)
Sewe Sport (CIV)
Zamalek on the other hand are looking for their sixth CAF Champions League trophy, but first have to qualify from a group contained of Congolese rivals TP Mazembe and AS Vita Club, along with Sudanese gianst Al Hilal Omdurman.
CAF CHAMPIONS LEAGUE GROUP A
TP Mazembe (DRC)
Al Hilal Omdurman (SUD)
AS Vita Club (DRC)