Hany Zada, a member of the Zamalek board, spoke to ON Sport...
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
- Meteb excluded from Al Ahly squad against Petrojet
- Cúper recruits 10 international players for qualifier against Ghana
Mido: We are building a team using Ajax and Barcelona models
Zamalek coach Ahmed Hossam Mido states that he is trying to build a team by taking European giants Ajax and F.C Barcelona as models.
Mido stated in a press conference that Zamalek are “on the right path”. He also stated that in the past few years Zamalek has brought in young players, while other teams are having to deal with players departing and retiring.
“While we are fighting in tournaments, we are also trying to develop a team in the same time,” Mido said. He also stated a key point worth noting which is that he trains with the young players two hours before first team practice in order for the young players to understand how Zamalek works in terms of training.
As a result of Mido’s efforts to inject youth into his team players such as Moustafa Fathi, Yousef ‘Obama’, Omar Ismail Yousef and numerous other have been given the shot to play in the first team.
Mido trying to implement a strategy famously used by Ajax and Barcelona for injecting youth products into the senior side.
“The greatest clubs in Europe like Ajax and Barcelona rely on this policy. Four players are ready to step up to the first team next season, this has never happened before in the history of the club,” Mido said.
It is important to note that in the same press conference Mido denied any clashes with the between the coaching staff and the board.