Wadi Degla manager Ahmed Hossam ”Mido” has revealed that Al Ahly forward Emad...
- Mido: Emad Metab would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
- Zamalek youngster Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh signs five-year contract extension
- Al Ahly’s Ahmed Adel: Ekramy is the best goalkeeper in Egypt
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
- Hector Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
Mido: We are building a team using Ajax and Barcelona models
Zamalek coach Ahmed Hossam Mido states that he is trying to build a team by taking European giants Ajax and F.C Barcelona as models.
Mido stated in a press conference that Zamalek are “on the right path”. He also stated that in the past few years Zamalek has brought in young players, while other teams are having to deal with players departing and retiring.
“While we are fighting in tournaments, we are also trying to develop a team in the same time,” Mido said. He also stated a key point worth noting which is that he trains with the young players two hours before first team practice in order for the young players to understand how Zamalek works in terms of training.
As a result of Mido’s efforts to inject youth into his team players such as Moustafa Fathi, Yousef ‘Obama’, Omar Ismail Yousef and numerous other have been given the shot to play in the first team.
Mido trying to implement a strategy famously used by Ajax and Barcelona for injecting youth products into the senior side.
“The greatest clubs in Europe like Ajax and Barcelona rely on this policy. Four players are ready to step up to the first team next season, this has never happened before in the history of the club,” Mido said.
It is important to note that in the same press conference Mido denied any clashes with the between the coaching staff and the board.