Guinea-Bissau forward Abel Camara reflects on his team’s historic achievement of reaching...
- EXCLUSIVE | Guinea-Bissau’s Abel Camara: We feel like heroes
- Uganda defender Wasswa: We’re not afraid of Egypt
- Egypt thrash Canada 4-0 in Military World Cup
- Baba Rahman to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Egypt keeper Ahmed El-Shennawy sheds light on AFCON injury
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
Newly appointed Al Ahly coach Fathi Mabrouk optimistic about new job
Newly appointed interim Al Ahly coach Fathi Mabrouk remains optimistic about the new challenge ahead of him.
The former Red Devils defender was appointed as interim coach on Thursday afternoon after the resignation of Mohamed Youssef.
Admitting that the job will be tough, Mabrouk remains optimistic about guiding the Red Castle to the Egyptian Premier League semi-finals and CAF Confederation Cup glory while also saying that his players are up for the challenge.
”It will be a tough mission,” Mabrouk told Al Ahram on Thursday.
“But I am sure that the players will be able to pass this critical period.”
It is also worth noting that Mabrouk was once nominated for the Al Ahly job in the 2010/11 season after the resignation of Hossam El-Badry, but the interim job ended up going to Abdelaziz Abdelshafy ‘Zizo’.