Arsenal and Hull City‘s English Football (EFL) Cup Quarter-Final opponents have been...
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
Newly appointed Al Ahly coach Fathi Mabrouk optimistic about new job
The former Red Devils defender was appointed as interim coach on Thursday afternoon after the resignation of Mohamed Youssef.
Admitting that the job will be tough, Mabrouk remains optimistic about guiding the Red Castle to the Egyptian Premier League semi-finals and CAF Confederation Cup glory while also saying that his players are up for the challenge.
”It will be a tough mission,” Mabrouk told Al Ahram on Thursday.
“But I am sure that the players will be able to pass this critical period.”
It is also worth noting that Mabrouk was once nominated for the Al Ahly job in the 2010/11 season after the resignation of Hossam El-Badry, but the interim job ended up going to Abdelaziz Abdelshafy ‘Zizo’.