Zamalek Chairman Mortada Mansour has sent out a message to several top...
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
- Abou-Rida hopes EFA crises won’t affect national team
- Egypt’s national team director discusses squad changes
- Mido: African football will not move forward with referees like Lamptey
- Massimo Busacca tutors Egyptian officials on video assistance technology
- Volleyball: Red Devils beat Ahli Benghazi 3-1 in African Club Championship
FC Porto deny interest in Aly Ghazal
In a rather strong-worded statement on their website, entitled “O Jogo lies”, FC Porto categorically denies having any interest in signing Egyptian midfielder Aly Ghazal. The story made cover of the daily newspaper on the 1st of May.
The full statement:
“Surely confusing the months and transforming the Workers’ Day into another day of lies, newspaper O Jogo makes headlines today with FC Porto’s alleged interest in Nacional da Madeira’s Aly Ghazal. It is a lie that serves someone’s interest, but that we guarantee that it doesn’t serve the truth, nor the readers of the newspaper.
Let no one believe in the innocence of these news, because if they wanted to be sure of their news, all they had to do was make a phone call and question FC Porto. They did not do so, because other interests had to be served and for that, the story as fake as Judas had to be published.”