Egypt international Sam Morsy scored as Wigan claimed a 2-1 victory over...
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
FC Porto deny interest in Aly Ghazal
In a rather strong-worded statement on their website, entitled “O Jogo lies”, FC Porto categorically denies having any interest in signing Egyptian midfielder Aly Ghazal. The story made cover of the daily newspaper on the 1st of May.
The full statement:
“Surely confusing the months and transforming the Workers’ Day into another day of lies, newspaper O Jogo makes headlines today with FC Porto’s alleged interest in Nacional da Madeira’s Aly Ghazal. It is a lie that serves someone’s interest, but that we guarantee that it doesn’t serve the truth, nor the readers of the newspaper.
Let no one believe in the innocence of these news, because if they wanted to be sure of their news, all they had to do was make a phone call and question FC Porto. They did not do so, because other interests had to be served and for that, the story as fake as Judas had to be published.”