After two successive defeats in the league, Zamalek returned to winning ways...
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
- Messi to visit Egypt for medical campaign
- Egypt U-20 defeat Kenya 3-2 in friendly ahead of AFCON
- Hossam Hassan: Africa believes in sorcery
- AFCON MVP Christian Bassogog moves to China
- Egypt court upholds 10 death sentences in Port Said stadium massacre
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
- AS Roma star Mohamed Salah: I’m happy to be back
- Talaat Youssef leads Al-Ahli Tripoli to CAF Champions League round of 32
- Egypt opponents Mali announce U-20 AFCON squad
FC Porto deny interest in Aly Ghazal
In a rather strong-worded statement on their website, entitled “O Jogo lies”, FC Porto categorically denies having any interest in signing Egyptian midfielder Aly Ghazal. The story made cover of the daily newspaper on the 1st of May.
The full statement:
“Surely confusing the months and transforming the Workers’ Day into another day of lies, newspaper O Jogo makes headlines today with FC Porto’s alleged interest in Nacional da Madeira’s Aly Ghazal. It is a lie that serves someone’s interest, but that we guarantee that it doesn’t serve the truth, nor the readers of the newspaper.
Let no one believe in the innocence of these news, because if they wanted to be sure of their news, all they had to do was make a phone call and question FC Porto. They did not do so, because other interests had to be served and for that, the story as fake as Judas had to be published.”