KingFut’s Marwan Ahmed got in touch with Angola national team manager Beto...
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
- VIDEO: Egypt’s locals national team defeat Benin
- Ghanaian officials banned for sexual harassment
- Mortada: Alain Giresse has agreed to manage Zamalek
- Volleyball: Al Ahly crowned African champions
- Egypt’s general prosecutor reopens the Air Defence Stadium case
- Gennesh reflects on his first Egypt call-up
- Al Ahly: Emad Meteb is an important player for us
- Hector Cuper: Bassem Morsy can rejoin national team
- Meteb admits he might leave Al Ahly over lack of playing time
Sudanese giants Al Merriekh in talks to sign Amr Zaki
Al Merriekh are now in pursue of Egyptian striker Amr Zaki – who is currently a free agent after being released by Raja Casablanca just a month after signing for the Moroccan club – according to Sudanese Newspaper “Al-Sada”.
Zaki is said to be looking for a new club after recovering from the serious leg injury he suffered while in Morocco.
It is reported that Amr Zaki’s agent has set the fee at €450,000, a price Al Merriekh officials are now negotiating and are said to probably offer around €350,000 for his services.
Al Merriekh are looking to strengthen their squad for next season after the disappointing early exit in the CAF Champions League this season. They are also set to lose star Ivorian Striker Olifiè who is set for a move to the UAE and Zaki could be his possible replacement.
A move to Sudan for Amr Zaki could help revitalize his career and help him cement a place in Shawky Gharib’s national team set up, especially after having two unsuccessful spells at Al Salimya in Kuwait and in Morocco with Raja Casablanca where he has struggled to hit the heights of what was once a glorious career.