KingFut continues to round up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup...
- AFCON Roundup: Surprising results in Group C
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
Sudanese giants Al Merriekh in talks to sign Amr Zaki
Al Merriekh are now in pursue of Egyptian striker Amr Zaki – who is currently a free agent after being released by Raja Casablanca just a month after signing for the Moroccan club – according to Sudanese Newspaper “Al-Sada”.
Zaki is said to be looking for a new club after recovering from the serious leg injury he suffered while in Morocco.
It is reported that Amr Zaki’s agent has set the fee at €450,000, a price Al Merriekh officials are now negotiating and are said to probably offer around €350,000 for his services.
Al Merriekh are looking to strengthen their squad for next season after the disappointing early exit in the CAF Champions League this season. They are also set to lose star Ivorian Striker Olifiè who is set for a move to the UAE and Zaki could be his possible replacement.
A move to Sudan for Amr Zaki could help revitalize his career and help him cement a place in Shawky Gharib’s national team set up, especially after having two unsuccessful spells at Al Salimya in Kuwait and in Morocco with Raja Casablanca where he has struggled to hit the heights of what was once a glorious career.