An unfortunate day for the Egyptian trio in the British Open Squash...
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
- CAF names referees for Al Masry Confederation Cup playoff match
- Mortada announces Mohamed Helmy’s departure
- Angola appoint Flávio as assistant manager
- SQUASH: Potential all Egyptian men’s final awaits ahead of semi-finals
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
Al Ahly consider appointing Abou-Treika as new director of football
Al Ahly are considering to appoint club legend Mohamed Abou-Treika as their new football director starting next season, according to reports.
Following the appointment of Fathi Mabrouk as Al Ahly’s interim coach until the end of the season, the recently elected board members are looking to capitalize on the experience of the recently retired players, in order to get the club back to its leading status.
Mahmoud Taher, Al Ahly’s newly elected president, wants to utilize the experience of his former players, such as Mohamed Abou-Treika and Mohamed Barakat, to help in the revival of the club after a lackluster season. Taher is looking into the possibility of Mohamed Abou-Treika being Al Ahly’s football director starting from next season.
Abou-Treika, who retired following Al Ahly’s exit from the Club World Cup last year, has been spending some time in Germany studying sports management, which encouraged Mahmoud Taher to pick the legendary playmaker for the role.
Mahmoud Taher will also be looking to utilize Abou-Treika’s great relationship with everyone in the squad, as well as the unconditional love of the fans, to help the club dominate domestic and continental football once again.
It is worth noting Mohamed Barakat reportedly said Abou-Treika told him he is currently not interested in any new role within the club.