South Africa’s Minister of Sport and Recreation Fikiler Mbalula has expressed his discontent...
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Zamalek legend Hazem Emam says winning African title ‘not impossible’
- Egypt’s assistant coach says Pharaohs won’t rely on history
- Sada Cruzeiro beat El-Gaish in Volleyball Club World Championship
VIDEO: Last gasp Obama goal gives Zamalek 2-1 win over Beni Suef Telephones
Zamalek beat Beni Suef Telephones 2-1 and rise to the third spot in Group B thanks to an injury-time winner by Yousef ‘Obama’.
Mido’s men headed into the game having lost in their previous fixture, against Ismaily.
Zamalek started the first half in a good attacking sense. However, it was Beni Suef who took the lead in the 6th minute after Wael Farag headed from a well taken corner kick. The Whites equalized quickly in the 15th minute after Ahmed Samir Farag scored a brilliant free-kick that ricochet off the bar and into the goal, his first goal for Zamalek. The half continued with Zamalek on the front foot but failing to find the vital pass in the final third, and thus failed to score.
The Whites started the second half in better fashion, with Mido’s men finding more space in the defense. In the 10th minute of the second half Beni Suef goalscorer Wael Farag received a second yellow for handling the ball. He had received his first after taking off his shirt after scoring his side’s only goal. The remainder of the second half seemed a hopeless mission, as Beni Suef left no spaces for Zamalek to attack and the Whites were rendered helpless.
However, in the dying moments of the match Yousef Ibrahim ‘Obama’ scored with his head after a Mohamed Ibrahim free kick to snatch the 3 points for his side.
Two wins from Zamalek’s next two games would guarantee a spot for Mido’s men in the next round of the league.