Egypt international Mohamed Elneny has praised Mali, describing them as a tough...
- Elneny: We have a good chance to qualify
- El-Hadary made history as Mali held Egypt to goalless draw
- Ayew scores from the spot as Ghana down Uganda
- Ehab Allam: Hull City have never been a ‘selling club’ under our ownership
- RELIVE: Egypt vs Mali – 2017 Africa Cup of Nations
- VIDEO: Military National Team draw with Poland in the World Military Cup
- Hull City league position putting off prospective buyers, says Ehab Allam
- Petrojet appoints Hassan Shehata as new head coach
- OFFICIAL: Lierse confirm Amr Barakat move to Al Ahly
- Mali goalkeeper Diakite and midfielder Traoré injured before Egypt match
VIDEO: Last gasp Obama goal gives Zamalek 2-1 win over Beni Suef Telephones
Zamalek beat Beni Suef Telephones 2-1 and rise to the third spot in Group B thanks to an injury-time winner by Yousef ‘Obama’.
Mido’s men headed into the game having lost in their previous fixture, against Ismaily.
Zamalek started the first half in a good attacking sense. However, it was Beni Suef who took the lead in the 6th minute after Wael Farag headed from a well taken corner kick. The Whites equalized quickly in the 15th minute after Ahmed Samir Farag scored a brilliant free-kick that ricochet off the bar and into the goal, his first goal for Zamalek. The half continued with Zamalek on the front foot but failing to find the vital pass in the final third, and thus failed to score.
The Whites started the second half in better fashion, with Mido’s men finding more space in the defense. In the 10th minute of the second half Beni Suef goalscorer Wael Farag received a second yellow for handling the ball. He had received his first after taking off his shirt after scoring his side’s only goal. The remainder of the second half seemed a hopeless mission, as Beni Suef left no spaces for Zamalek to attack and the Whites were rendered helpless.
However, in the dying moments of the match Yousef Ibrahim ‘Obama’ scored with his head after a Mohamed Ibrahim free kick to snatch the 3 points for his side.
Two wins from Zamalek’s next two games would guarantee a spot for Mido’s men in the next round of the league.