Here is the KingFut roundup of the results in the second matchday...
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- Baba Rahman out for the rest of the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations
- El Hadary: I’m happy with everything but I want more
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
- Uganda coach Micho blames ‘stage fright’ for Ghana defeat
- Thievy Bifouma joins Turkey’s Osmanlispor
- Hector Cuper: Our group is now more complicated
EFA sanction Ismaily’s Antwi, Sagheer and Mido
The EFA Sanctions Committee have issued punishments including fines and suspensions to Ismaily duo Saafan El-Sagheer and John Antwi in addition to Zamalek coach Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’.
Mido and Ismaily goalkeeper coach Saafan El-Sagheer had went at it on the sidelines as the Whites were trailing behind Ismaily by one goal when Mido had accused one of the Ismaily players of wasting time, an act which infuriated the former Dervishes captain.
El-Sagheer then appeared to verbally attack Mido, calling the former Ajax player “crazy” prompting the FA to hit both players with sanctions.
The former Egyptian international was hit with a 4 match touchline ban while Mido was fined 5000LE (€512) as he left the post-match press conference early. Mido was calling for Zamalek to be awarded three points for what he saw was an infringement by Ismaily on the rules of the Egyptian Premier League, as fans were allegedly in attendance.
John Antwi on the other hand has been suspended for five games for getting involved in a brawl with the Haras El-Hodood players. The game between both sides saw four players sent off.