Mahmoud Abdel-Moniem ‘Kahraba’ played all 90 minutes as Al Ittihad fell to...
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Zamalek legend Hazem Emam says winning African title ‘not impossible’
- Egypt’s assistant coach says Pharaohs won’t rely on history
- Sada Cruzeiro beat El-Gaish in Volleyball Club World Championship
- Sundowns manager Pitso Mosimane believes it’s not over yet
- Mohamed Zidan satisfied with 2017 AFCON Draw
- Osama Nabih: Ghana’s match is the most important in history of Egyptian football
- Egypt climbs seven places in October FIFA Rankings
EFA sanction Ismaily’s Antwi, Sagheer and Mido
Mido and Ismaily goalkeeper coach Saafan El-Sagheer had went at it on the sidelines as the Whites were trailing behind Ismaily by one goal when Mido had accused one of the Ismaily players of wasting time, an act which infuriated the former Dervishes captain.
El-Sagheer then appeared to verbally attack Mido, calling the former Ajax player “crazy” prompting the FA to hit both players with sanctions.
The former Egyptian international was hit with a 4 match touchline ban while Mido was fined 5000LE (€512) as he left the post-match press conference early. Mido was calling for Zamalek to be awarded three points for what he saw was an infringement by Ismaily on the rules of the Egyptian Premier League, as fans were allegedly in attendance.
John Antwi on the other hand has been suspended for five games for getting involved in a brawl with the Haras El-Hodood players. The game between both sides saw four players sent off.