Al Ahly football director and former player Sayed Abdel-Hafiz spoke about his...
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
- Abou-Rida hopes EFA crises won’t affect national team
- Egypt’s national team director discusses squad changes
- Mido: African football will not move forward with referees like Lamptey
EFA sanction Ismaily’s Antwi, Sagheer and Mido
Mido and Ismaily goalkeeper coach Saafan El-Sagheer had went at it on the sidelines as the Whites were trailing behind Ismaily by one goal when Mido had accused one of the Ismaily players of wasting time, an act which infuriated the former Dervishes captain.
El-Sagheer then appeared to verbally attack Mido, calling the former Ajax player “crazy” prompting the FA to hit both players with sanctions.
The former Egyptian international was hit with a 4 match touchline ban while Mido was fined 5000LE (€512) as he left the post-match press conference early. Mido was calling for Zamalek to be awarded three points for what he saw was an infringement by Ismaily on the rules of the Egyptian Premier League, as fans were allegedly in attendance.
John Antwi on the other hand has been suspended for five games for getting involved in a brawl with the Haras El-Hodood players. The game between both sides saw four players sent off.