Egypt giants Al Ahly have announced the date for their encounter with Zambian...
- Al Ahly set date for Zanaco Champions League encounter
- EXCLUSIVE | Ngoufonja to challenge Abou Rida in race to FIFA Council
- VIDEO: Elneny takes behind the goal shot challenge with ChrisMD
- PAOK to face AEK in Greek Cup final
- Five thousand allowed to attend Al Ahly’s CAFCL games
- Former Gabon international Moïse Brou Apanga dead at 35
- OFFICIAL: Hassan Shehata resigns as Petrojet manager
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad for Tanta
- Tunisia confirm Nabil Maaloul as new head coach
- Al Ahly’s games vs Entag, El-Geish, Nasr postponed
EFA sanction Ismaily’s Antwi, Sagheer and Mido
The EFA Sanctions Committee have issued punishments including fines and suspensions to Ismaily duo Saafan El-Sagheer and John Antwi in addition to Zamalek coach Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’.
Mido and Ismaily goalkeeper coach Saafan El-Sagheer had went at it on the sidelines as the Whites were trailing behind Ismaily by one goal when Mido had accused one of the Ismaily players of wasting time, an act which infuriated the former Dervishes captain.
El-Sagheer then appeared to verbally attack Mido, calling the former Ajax player “crazy” prompting the FA to hit both players with sanctions.
The former Egyptian international was hit with a 4 match touchline ban while Mido was fined 5000LE (€512) as he left the post-match press conference early. Mido was calling for Zamalek to be awarded three points for what he saw was an infringement by Ismaily on the rules of the Egyptian Premier League, as fans were allegedly in attendance.
John Antwi on the other hand has been suspended for five games for getting involved in a brawl with the Haras El-Hodood players. The game between both sides saw four players sent off.