Zambia U-20 national team manager Beston Cgambeshi has announced his squad for...
- Zambia announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Shikabala excluded from Zamalek squad against Tala’a El-Gaish
- Smouha to face Kenya’s Ulinzi Star in CAF Confederation Cup
- Ahmed Yasser scores first goal in debut with Al Mina’a
- Cuper: Preparations for World Cup starts now
- Al Ahly to face South Africa’s Bidvest Wits in CAF Champions League
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores in Ittihad 2-0 win over Shabab
- Sundowns beat Mazembe to claim first CAF Super Cup title
- Dzeko speaks about partnership with Mohamed Salah
- Coulibaly excluded as Al Ahly announce squad for Contractors clash
Amr Gamal’s double sinks Ittihad of Alexandria
Ittihad of Alexandria XI: Ibrahim Farag; Ali Gabr, Fathi Mabrouk, Mohamed Adel; Ibrahim El-Shayeb, Ayman Said, Amer Sabry, Mohamed Samir, Mahmoud Fathy; Ahmed Sherwida, Jeanvion Yulu-Matondo.
Al Ahly XI: Sherif Ekramy; Ahmed Fathi, Mohamed Naguib, Saad Samir, Sayed Moawad; Rami Rabia, Mahmoud Hassan ‘Trezeguet’, Hossam Ashour, Abdallah El-Said; Ahmed Raouf, Amr Gamal.
After a cagey first ten minutes, Amr Gamal broke the deadlock after making the most of the Ittihad defensive mix-up to control the ball and volley it into the net.
Amer Sabry could’ve made it 1-1 when he unleashed a thunderous strike which went just over the bar.
The Red Devils responded soon after, this time Ahmed Raouf’s header from point-blank range went wide of the post.
Abdallah El-Said had the chance to double the scoreline towards the end of the half, but his shot was handled well by Ibrahim Farag.
With several bodies in the box, Al Ahly should’ve been 2-0 up, but the ball was cleared by the Ittihad defenders.
The start of the second half signalled increased initiative from Za’eem El-Thaghr, but their offensive play didn’t trouble Sherif Ekramy.
After darting down the right-hand side, Mahmoud Hassan ‘Trezeguet’ crossed the ball into the box to Amr Gamal but Ibrahim Farag saved the cross in the nick of time.
The job was done soon after when Amr Gamal’s dipping header found the back of the net to double the scoreline and his own tally.