Former Al Ahly and national football team midfielder Mohamed Shawky has officially joined...
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veria hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
- Elneny comes on in Arsenal’s explosive win against West Ham
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley win big at St Andrews
Amr Gamal’s double sinks Ittihad of Alexandria
Ittihad of Alexandria XI: Ibrahim Farag; Ali Gabr, Fathi Mabrouk, Mohamed Adel; Ibrahim El-Shayeb, Ayman Said, Amer Sabry, Mohamed Samir, Mahmoud Fathy; Ahmed Sherwida, Jeanvion Yulu-Matondo.
Al Ahly XI: Sherif Ekramy; Ahmed Fathi, Mohamed Naguib, Saad Samir, Sayed Moawad; Rami Rabia, Mahmoud Hassan ‘Trezeguet’, Hossam Ashour, Abdallah El-Said; Ahmed Raouf, Amr Gamal.
After a cagey first ten minutes, Amr Gamal broke the deadlock after making the most of the Ittihad defensive mix-up to control the ball and volley it into the net.
Amer Sabry could’ve made it 1-1 when he unleashed a thunderous strike which went just over the bar.
The Red Devils responded soon after, this time Ahmed Raouf’s header from point-blank range went wide of the post.
Abdallah El-Said had the chance to double the scoreline towards the end of the half, but his shot was handled well by Ibrahim Farag.
With several bodies in the box, Al Ahly should’ve been 2-0 up, but the ball was cleared by the Ittihad defenders.
The start of the second half signalled increased initiative from Za’eem El-Thaghr, but their offensive play didn’t trouble Sherif Ekramy.
After darting down the right-hand side, Mahmoud Hassan ‘Trezeguet’ crossed the ball into the box to Amr Gamal but Ibrahim Farag saved the cross in the nick of time.
The job was done soon after when Amr Gamal’s dipping header found the back of the net to double the scoreline and his own tally.