Record eight-time champions Al Ahly will face South African outfit Bidvest Wits...
- Al Ahly to face South Africa’s Bidvest Wits in CAF Champions League
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores in Ittihad 2-0 win over Shabab
- Sundowns beat Mazembe to claim first CAF Super Cup title
- Dzeko speaks about partnership with Mohamed Salah
- Coulibaly excluded as Al Ahly announce squad for Contractors clash
- Elmo ready for Hull’s training camp in Portugal
- Tunisia to play two warm-up games for Egypt encounter
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Abdel-Shafy excluded, Morsy plays full 90
- VIDEO: Holders Zamalek reach Egypt Cup round of 16
- Veteran Egyptian coach Hassan Shehata confirms South Africa talks
Egypt name Europe-based septet for Chile, Jamaica friendlies
Egypt manager Shawky Gharib has called-up seven Egyptians plying their trade in Europe for the Pharaohs’ upcoming spate of friendlies in London.
Chelsea forward Mohamed Salah headlines the list, along with English Premier League compatriot Ahmed Elmohamady (Hull City) and FC Basel’s Mohamed El-Nenny. Portugal-based trio Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ (Rio Ave), Aly Ghazal and Saleh Gomaa (both Nacional de Madera) also made the squad along with veteran Hossam Ghaly (Lierse, Belgium).
After failing to secure a place in the last two editions, the Pharaohs face an uphill task in their quest to return to the continent’s showpiece event, which they have won a record seven times. They’re slated to face Tunisia, Senegal, and an opponent to be determined later. Only the top two teams in the group are guaranteed a spot in the finals in Morocco, with the best third-placed team among all groups qualifying as well.