AS Roma winger Stephan El Shaarawy has stated that he has a...
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
Egypt name Europe-based septet for Chile, Jamaica friendlies
Chelsea forward Mohamed Salah headlines the list, along with English Premier League compatriot Ahmed Elmohamady (Hull City) and FC Basel’s Mohamed El-Nenny. Portugal-based trio Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ (Rio Ave), Aly Ghazal and Saleh Gomaa (both Nacional de Madera) also made the squad along with veteran Hossam Ghaly (Lierse, Belgium).
After failing to secure a place in the last two editions, the Pharaohs face an uphill task in their quest to return to the continent’s showpiece event, which they have won a record seven times. They’re slated to face Tunisia, Senegal, and an opponent to be determined later. Only the top two teams in the group are guaranteed a spot in the finals in Morocco, with the best third-placed team among all groups qualifying as well.