Group A matches have finally come to the closure with surprising turn...
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
Egypt name Europe-based septet for Chile, Jamaica friendlies
Egypt manager Shawky Gharib has called-up seven Egyptians plying their trade in Europe for the Pharaohs’ upcoming spate of friendlies in London.
Chelsea forward Mohamed Salah headlines the list, along with English Premier League compatriot Ahmed Elmohamady (Hull City) and FC Basel’s Mohamed El-Nenny. Portugal-based trio Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ (Rio Ave), Aly Ghazal and Saleh Gomaa (both Nacional de Madera) also made the squad along with veteran Hossam Ghaly (Lierse, Belgium).
After failing to secure a place in the last two editions, the Pharaohs face an uphill task in their quest to return to the continent’s showpiece event, which they have won a record seven times. They’re slated to face Tunisia, Senegal, and an opponent to be determined later. Only the top two teams in the group are guaranteed a spot in the finals in Morocco, with the best third-placed team among all groups qualifying as well.