Ghana’s Samuel Afum scored his first official goal since signing for Wadi...
- Ayala’s late strike downs Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli
- VIDEO: Ghana’s Samuel Afum nets first league goal in Degla draw against El-Gaish
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Zamalek legend Hazem Emam says winning African title ‘not impossible’
Egypt name Europe-based septet for Chile, Jamaica friendlies
Chelsea forward Mohamed Salah headlines the list, along with English Premier League compatriot Ahmed Elmohamady (Hull City) and FC Basel’s Mohamed El-Nenny. Portugal-based trio Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ (Rio Ave), Aly Ghazal and Saleh Gomaa (both Nacional de Madera) also made the squad along with veteran Hossam Ghaly (Lierse, Belgium).
After failing to secure a place in the last two editions, the Pharaohs face an uphill task in their quest to return to the continent’s showpiece event, which they have won a record seven times. They’re slated to face Tunisia, Senegal, and an opponent to be determined later. Only the top two teams in the group are guaranteed a spot in the finals in Morocco, with the best third-placed team among all groups qualifying as well.