Egypt’s Mohamed Safwat was knocked out of Dubai Tennis Championships from the first...
- Monfils eliminates Safwat from Dubai Tennis Championships
- Ahmed Elmohamady: Everything has changed at Hull City
- Al Ahly announce stadium for Bidvest Wits clash
- VIDEO: Holders Zamalek advance to Egypt Cup quarters
- SQUASH: El-Shorbagy brothers to meet in Windy City quarter-finals
- Mohamed Elneny starts recovering from his injury
- CAF announce referees for Al Ahly and Zamalek Champions League encounters
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
El-Gabas scores first goal in France for Arles-Avignon
26-year-old ‘Dodo’ El-Gabas started the Ligue 2 match on the wing against Tours, and it only took him six minutes to get on the scoresheet after converting his side’s penalty kick.
Just two minutes later, visitors Arles went 2-0 up when Adrien Coulomb slotted home.
Tours then scored two goals to level the game, which ended two a piece as El-Gabas played the entire 90 minutes.
It took the Egyptian number 17 eleven games to find the back of the net in France, having only started six of those.
With two games left in the season, Arles’ draw with Tours ensured they would mathematically be safe from relegation, even though they lie in 11th place.