Belgian manager Georges Leekens has been appointed coach of the Algerian national...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
El-Gabas scores first goal in France for Arles-Avignon
26-year-old ‘Dodo’ El-Gabas started the Ligue 2 match on the wing against Tours, and it only took him six minutes to get on the scoresheet after converting his side’s penalty kick.
Just two minutes later, visitors Arles went 2-0 up when Adrien Coulomb slotted home.
Tours then scored two goals to level the game, which ended two a piece as El-Gabas played the entire 90 minutes.
It took the Egyptian number 17 eleven games to find the back of the net in France, having only started six of those.
With two games left in the season, Arles’ draw with Tours ensured they would mathematically be safe from relegation, even though they lie in 11th place.