Group A matches have finally come to closure and it has seen...
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
El-Gabas scores first goal in France for Arles-Avignon
26-year-old ‘Dodo’ El-Gabas started the Ligue 2 match on the wing against Tours, and it only took him six minutes to get on the scoresheet after converting his side’s penalty kick.
Just two minutes later, visitors Arles went 2-0 up when Adrien Coulomb slotted home.
Tours then scored two goals to level the game, which ended two a piece as El-Gabas played the entire 90 minutes.
It took the Egyptian number 17 eleven games to find the back of the net in France, having only started six of those.
With two games left in the season, Arles’ draw with Tours ensured they would mathematically be safe from relegation, even though they lie in 11th place.