Saad Samir capitalized on a bizarre error from goalkeeper Mohamed Abou-Gabal as...
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
Ahmed Elmohamady finishes 2nd in Player of the Year awards
26-year-old Ahmed Elmohamady was beaten to the prestigious Player of the Year award, voted for by the fans, by defender Curtis Davies at last night’s end of season awards ceremony held at the KC Stadium.
The Egyptian utilised at a right winger or right wing-back has been a largely ever-present this season featuring 37 times contributing 2 goals and 2 assists.
With only Everton left to face on Sunday in the final game of the Premier League season, Elmo had completed 1,707 passes and provided 236 crosses from the flank.
But it was club captain Curtis Davies that was the big winner on the night as he swooped the Player of the Year and the Players’ Player of the Year after an impressive debut season at the Tigers.
Speaking about his season Davies said: “It’s been a wonderful season and the players have been terrific. We want to make sure we finish the league season by getting a result against Everton on Sunday and then we want to go to Wembley to try and win the FA Cup.”
Elsewhere, Sone Aluko claimed the Goal of the Season award for his superb volleyed winner in the 3-2 away victory over Newcastle United.