Hafez’s team, Lens was dominated at home by Stade Reims but managed...
- RC Lens dominated at home but earn draw against Reims
- Pitso: We can go to the match without training
- Billiat lauds Pitso Mosimane’s methods ahead of Zamalek tie
- Sundowns’ keeper Onyango on Zamalek clash: It’s not done yet
- Emmanuel Amuneke open to managing Zamalek
- EXCLUSIVE | CAF reveal stance from Sundowns training venue problems
- Sundowns’ Dolly: We’re ‘chilling’ since arriving to Egypt
- VIDEO: Hamoudi scores as Al Batin, Al-Qadisiyah share spoils
- Ayala’s late strike downs Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli
- VIDEO: Ghana’s Samuel Afum nets first league goal in Degla draw against El-Gaish
Ahmed Elmohamady finishes 2nd in Player of the Year awards
26-year-old Ahmed Elmohamady was beaten to the prestigious Player of the Year award, voted for by the fans, by defender Curtis Davies at last night’s end of season awards ceremony held at the KC Stadium.
The Egyptian utilised at a right winger or right wing-back has been a largely ever-present this season featuring 37 times contributing 2 goals and 2 assists.
With only Everton left to face on Sunday in the final game of the Premier League season, Elmo had completed 1,707 passes and provided 236 crosses from the flank.
But it was club captain Curtis Davies that was the big winner on the night as he swooped the Player of the Year and the Players’ Player of the Year after an impressive debut season at the Tigers.
Speaking about his season Davies said: “It’s been a wonderful season and the players have been terrific. We want to make sure we finish the league season by getting a result against Everton on Sunday and then we want to go to Wembley to try and win the FA Cup.”
Elsewhere, Sone Aluko claimed the Goal of the Season award for his superb volleyed winner in the 3-2 away victory over Newcastle United.