The Egyptian national team has been valued to be the 25th most...
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
- EFA fines El-Maqassa, Al Masry following their league match
- Amr Gamal: Cuper has been supporting me
- Cuper impressed by new faces after Togo win
- Zamalek: New coach issue to be concluded on Saturday
- Handball: Al Ahly reach Cup semis, Zamalek eliminated
- Elmohamady: Egypt closer than ever to reaching World Cup
- Warda vows to fight for regular spot in Egypt squad
- CAF president Ahmad supports Morocco 2026 World Cup bid
Ahmed Elmohamady finishes 2nd in Player of the Year awards
26-year-old Ahmed Elmohamady was beaten to the prestigious Player of the Year award, voted for by the fans, by defender Curtis Davies at last night’s end of season awards ceremony held at the KC Stadium.
The Egyptian utilised at a right winger or right wing-back has been a largely ever-present this season featuring 37 times contributing 2 goals and 2 assists.
With only Everton left to face on Sunday in the final game of the Premier League season, Elmo had completed 1,707 passes and provided 236 crosses from the flank.
But it was club captain Curtis Davies that was the big winner on the night as he swooped the Player of the Year and the Players’ Player of the Year after an impressive debut season at the Tigers.
Speaking about his season Davies said: “It’s been a wonderful season and the players have been terrific. We want to make sure we finish the league season by getting a result against Everton on Sunday and then we want to go to Wembley to try and win the FA Cup.”
Elsewhere, Sone Aluko claimed the Goal of the Season award for his superb volleyed winner in the 3-2 away victory over Newcastle United.