Record eight-time champions Al Ahly will face South African outfit Bidvest Wits...
- Al Ahly to face South Africa’s Bidvest Wits in CAF Champions League
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores in Ittihad 2-0 win over Shabab
- Sundowns beat Mazembe to claim first CAF Super Cup title
- Dzeko speaks about partnership with Mohamed Salah
- Coulibaly excluded as Al Ahly announce squad for Contractors clash
- Elmo ready for Hull’s training camp in Portugal
- Tunisia to play two warm-up games for Egypt encounter
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Abdel-Shafy excluded, Morsy plays full 90
- VIDEO: Holders Zamalek reach Egypt Cup round of 16
- Veteran Egyptian coach Hassan Shehata confirms South Africa talks
Ahmed Elmohamady finishes 2nd in Player of the Year awards
26-year-old Ahmed Elmohamady was beaten to the prestigious Player of the Year award, voted for by the fans, by defender Curtis Davies at last night’s end of season awards ceremony held at the KC Stadium.
The Egyptian utilised at a right winger or right wing-back has been a largely ever-present this season featuring 37 times contributing 2 goals and 2 assists.
With only Everton left to face on Sunday in the final game of the Premier League season, Elmo had completed 1,707 passes and provided 236 crosses from the flank.
But it was club captain Curtis Davies that was the big winner on the night as he swooped the Player of the Year and the Players’ Player of the Year after an impressive debut season at the Tigers.
Speaking about his season Davies said: “It’s been a wonderful season and the players have been terrific. We want to make sure we finish the league season by getting a result against Everton on Sunday and then we want to go to Wembley to try and win the FA Cup.”
Elsewhere, Sone Aluko claimed the Goal of the Season award for his superb volleyed winner in the 3-2 away victory over Newcastle United.